Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: esaba

Traveler Since: 2002

June 07, 2013

Overall, our trip to Tuscany , The Alps and The Riviera was fabulous!  

One of my disappointments was that you land in Rome, Italy and the next day you are off to Florence, Italy.  It would have been great to spend one whole day in Rome (other than the day we arrived) so we could have seen a few famous sites of Rome.  I know they offered an 3-day optional tour prior to our trip but I do feel one day in Rome would have made this SO much better!!

Our accomodations (hotels, bus, restaurants) were super-great!!!   Our tour guide, Eva Troncon, was fabulous and a joy to be with.  She was very professional, warm, caring and wanted all 38 of us to have the best time possible.  She succeeded in giving us a great time.  We also had a professional photographer (Ilene Perlman) with us and she too added to our trip as she was fun to be with and very interesting.  

In Florence, one of the highlights was the farmhouse dinner.  Food was SO good, the folks that owned the farmhouse were so warm, and were happy to answered all our questions.

The statue of David was breath-taking and the history and story behind it very interesting.

The Italian Riviera (Santa Margherita was spectular).  All of us loved this village and enjoyed a nice afternoon there, eating, drinking, and most of all, taking in the beauty of Italy!

Bolzano was another great stop.  So much to see and do.  Still another great spot was Portofino.  So much like Santa Margherita but again different in its own way.  Absolutely beautiful!  

I would highly recommend this trip to everyone!  It lived up to our expectations.  

Thanks, Grand Circle.  It's always a pleasure taking a trip with you as we know we will get the best of the best in travel, accomodations, meals, and tour guides.

~  Elaine Saba, Rochester, NY. ~

Author: sealionlady

Traveler Since: 2001

June 07, 2013

Thanks for your comments.  I am planning on Italy next year (this year was Spain's Cultural Capitals ..... wonderful!) and you have given me a good feeling about this trip.  Please post your message on "Travelers Reviews" under the "Italy:  Tuscany, the Alps and the Riviera" section ..... others will want to read your review.  

Author: luisa

Countries Visited:

Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Canada, Mexico, Spain, France, Monoco, Croatia, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Morocco, Chile, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji

Traveler Since: 2006

June 08, 2013

Thanks for the review; the trip sounds wonderful.

On some of my trips there were people who arrive a day or two early to either rest or explore. I've done it myself, both before and after trips when I've made my own air reservations. I also took three "breakaway" days in Istanbul at the end of the Crossroads of Turkey trip. I'll definitely plan to arrive a day or two early in Rome if I take this trip. I've been there before but would love to revisit the Borghese and unwind before beginning the tour.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.