Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: patmckinney

GCT Trips Taken: 8
OAT Trips Taken: 0
Countries Visited:

29 countries

Traveler Since: 2009

May 24, 2013

We were wondering if anyone could comment about the quality of this hotel. We will be staying in Dublin for two additional nights on our own and are thinking about using another hotel for those two nights.  Saw some photos on Trip Advisor which seem to make it a little run down--one photos with some kid of insect on the bed. 

Thanks for your help.

Author: luisa

GCT Trips Taken: 6
OAT Trips Taken: 2
Countries Visited:

Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Canada, Mexico, Spain, France, Monoco, Croatia, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Morocco, Chile, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji. Ireland

Traveler Since: 2006

May 24, 2013

Have you considered other hotels? On our trip we stayed at the Camden Court, clean, comfortable and an easy walk to St Stephens and the center. The tram is just around the corner and the hotel restaurant and the pub are both good. I wonder why they changed to the Ballsbridge.

I stayed two extra nights (Camden Court) and got a good rate including breakfast. You can check out hotels online.

Author: pauline

GCT Trips Taken: 11
Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

Traveler Since: 1999

May 24, 2013

It looks as though they've changed all the hotels, although the one in Cork is the same one I stayed at in 2011.  But in 2012, they used a different one there.

I second Luisa's recommentation of the Camden Court in Dublin.  You can walk to so many places easily or take the tram.

Author: patmckinney

GCT Trips Taken: 8
Countries Visited:

29 countries

Traveler Since: 2009

May 24, 2013

Thank you for your responses.  Did a little more research and decided to stay at the Westin Dublin for those last two days.   For all those who read this....say a little prayer for all those wonderful servicemen and women who have died in the service of their country.

Author: luisa

GCT Trips Taken: 6
OAT Trips Taken: 2
Countries Visited:

Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Canada, Mexico, Spain, France, Monoco, Croatia, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Morocco, Chile, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji. Ireland

Traveler Since: 2006

May 25, 2013

Good choice. I think it's probably a better location too.

My four top recommendations:

Newgrange if you have time

Kilmainham Gaol

The National Museum (archeology) great exhibits and excellent gift shop for jewelry and books

The Chester Beatty Library (really a small museum) and its Silk Road Café

Enjoy your time in Ireland.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.