Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: nanaandpapa

Countries Visited:

Aruba, Austria, Australia, Bermuda, Belgium, Botswana, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Rep., Egypt, England, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, South Africa, Spain, St. Marten (fr), St. Martin (nd), Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, USA, Vatican, Zimbabwe

Traveler Since: 2002

May 02, 2013

Just today logons to the GCT  and OAT sites seem to be timing out requiring frequent sign ins. This was a problem a couple of years ago, was resolved  and seems to have resurfaced. I don't know if this is a deliberate design feature or a bug. This is quite aggravating.

Author: pauline

Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

Traveler Since: 1999

May 02, 2013

I was going to post that it wasn't happening to me, but the system told me I had to sign in!  It was working ok a little while ago.

Countries Visited:

Aruba, Austria, Australia, Bermuda, Belgium, Botswana, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Rep., Egypt, England, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, South Africa, Spain, St. Marten (fr), St. Martin (nd), Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, USA, Vatican, Zimbabwe

May 03, 2013

I think that I have to correct my observation. It seems that the log in is not timeng out, but rather that you are not automatically signing 1n via a cookie as it had been, This is not as much of an inconvenoence, but it is still an inconvenience.

Author: pauline

Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

May 03, 2013

Just happened again, and I don't think it's a matter of the system not recognizing you.  Because it did call me by name.  But I had to re-enter my password.  As you say, no big deal.  But why is it suddenly doing this?

Author: grandcircle

Trips Taken: 0

May 03, 2013

Hello Everybody -

Thank you for your comments.  I am experiencing this as well.

I have forwarded your thread to our Development Department so that they can identify & resolve this issue.

In the meantime, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

GCT/GCCL Forum Moderator

Countries Visited:

May 03, 2013
 Michelle, 
It appears that it is both an issue of not automatically sgining in and of timing out an active sign in. In the past, this resulted in time outs when someone was typing a long response ot a trip review, losing what they were typing.

Author: janice!

Countries Visited:

many

May 03, 2013

3:57 PM CDT, it's working OK for me.

Author: grandcircle

Trips Taken: 0

May 07, 2013

Hello Everybody -

Thank you for your comments. 

This should be fixed; however, we will be reaching out to everybody who posted about this - just to make sure you're all set.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

GCCL/GCT Forum Moderator

Countries Visited:

May 07, 2013

Michelle,

The problem seems to be fied. It has not occured in several days.

Thanks

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.