Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: pauline

GCT Trips Taken: 11
OAT Trips Taken: 0
Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

Traveler Since: 1999

January 19, 2013

I didn't notice that either.  I thought some alien had taken over Jack's body.  Should GCT allow to such similar nicknames?

Author: luisa

GCT Trips Taken: 6
OAT Trips Taken: 2
Countries Visited:

Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Canada, Mexico, Spain, France, Monoco, Croatia, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Morocco, Chile, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji. Ireland

Traveler Since: 2006

January 19, 2013

The photo is different but I can understand the confusion with the names.

I didn't see anything sarcastic in the three replies; I thought both Jancie and Ed were trying to be helpful. I guess some people interpret posts differently.

Author: ed watts

GCT Trips Taken: 1
Countries Visited:

All seven continents, 113 countries and all states except Idaho.Plus some interesting places that are not countries such as The azores, Antarctica, Falkland Islands, South Georgia, etc.

Traveler Since: 2010

January 19, 2013

Oh well,  I guess my wife is correct after all---I was mistaken! but honestly, I did not note the difference....now I owe an apology to Jack...Sorry Jack...I will try to be more careful in the future...

Author: janice!

GCT Trips Taken: 7

January 19, 2013

Jack, thanks for the chuckle.

By the way, there is an underscore at the end of my profile name because "janice" was already in use. I haven't seen her post in the forum and I rather hope she never does.

Author: nanaandpapa

GCT Trips Taken: 12
OAT Trips Taken: 4
Countries Visited:

Aruba, Austria, Australia, Bermuda, Belgium, Botswana, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Rep., Egypt, England, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, South Africa, Spain, St. Marten (fr), St. Martin (nd), Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, USA, Vatican, Zimbabwe

Traveler Since: 2002

January 19, 2013

I had been wondering what the underscore was for.

January 19, 2013

Hey Ed, mamaandpapa is your old friend most recently known as prometheus. 

Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

January 19, 2013

Janice_

Do you mean Centaur has returned?  We should have recognized that nasty tone.  How did you find out?

Pauline

Author: luisa

GCT Trips Taken: 6
Countries Visited:

Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Canada, Mexico, Spain, France, Monoco, Croatia, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Morocco, Chile, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji. Ireland

Traveler Since: 2006

January 20, 2013

Janice is sharp; I didn't pick up on that, but now thinking about the attack on Ed, I think she may be correct.

January 20, 2013

Like Hansel and Gretel, I followed the bread crumbs, one of them being the photo. For a more detailed explanation, you can contact me at

Countries Visited:

January 20, 2013

Janice_

Done.  Thanks.

Author: jjb65

GCT Trips Taken: 2
OAT Trips Taken: 5
Traveler Since: 2008

January 20, 2013

To janice_, I have not used your suggested workaround as I have another Windows 7/IE 9 computer to access GCT.  No need to experiment with another method.

Author: ed watts

GCT Trips Taken: 1
Countries Visited:

All seven continents, 113 countries and all states except Idaho.Plus some interesting places that are not countries such as The azores, Antarctica, Falkland Islands, South Georgia, etc.

Traveler Since: 2010

January 21, 2013

Thank you Michelle for your phone call...The referenced post did not upset me but  I was simply horrified that I may have upset a valued member of this forum not realizing that the names were so similar...Your input and action on suggestions and recommendations on this site is appreciated and valued--I know most forum contributors feel the same way THANKS!

Countries Visited:

January 21, 2013

In case nobody noticed, that person deleted one of his posts but not both. 

Ed, did Michelle say anything about the Forum not allowing such similar nicknames in the future?

Pauline

Author: grandcircle

GCT Trips Taken: 0

January 21, 2013

Hello Wattsed -

I am glad we had the opportunity to chat.  The members of our Community share a lot of great information here.  We want the Forum to be a friendly place where people feel welcome.

Pauline, at the moment, our system only disallows "exact matches" on Forum Member names.  From time to time, different members may have similar names.  The member photos can help differentiate between 2 "not so different" names.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

GCCL/GCT Forum Moderator

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.