Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: walshcs

Countries Visited:

Costa Rica, Ireland, Italy, the Canadian Maritimes incl. Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and PEI, Montreal (Quebec), Guatemala, and many USA cities incl. NYC, Chicago, New Orleans, Washington DC, Portland Oregon, the Oregon coast, Maine coast, parts of Florida. I took a 10 day tour to Costa Rica where I was especially thrilled to experience the tropical plants, birds, volcanos, and met the friendly Ticos. I did Ireland in Depth with GCT Oct. 2011 and it was an inspiring, beautiful, and meaningful experience to finally visit the land of my Irish ancestors. Completed the Tuscany & the Amalfi Coast with the pre-trip to Venice April 21, 2012 and it was a travel dream fulfilled. I booked Guatemala with Tikal, Antigua and Atitlan for January 2013 and had a wonderful adventure discovering modern day Maya culture and learning about ancient Maya city states with my visit to Tikal. Very excited that OAT has brought back the trip to Japan and I leave on that tour Nov. 4, 2013 with the pre-trip to Tokyo. Now I finally have the resources to pursue my "bucket list" of foreign travel and the freedom to chart my own life's course. Ask questions that will satisfy your requirements/interests in a travel buddy. Looking forward to meeting you here and maybe in the world. Warm regards, Cate I'll post a photo when I remember to bring one from home. (Only have internet at work for now.)

Traveler Since: 2011

January 03, 2013

Submissions for this years photo contest were due by end of November. I haven't seen anything about the winners yet. Has anyone else heard if winning photos have been selected?

thanks, walshcs/cate

Author: wattsed

Countries Visited:

All seven continents, 113 countries and all states except Hawaii and Idaho.Plus some interesting places that are not countries such as The zores, Falkland Islands, South Georgia, etc.

Traveler Since: 2010

January 03, 2013

I think I remember seeing somewhere that the winners would not be selected until late January...Don't take that as gospel, however!

Author: janice!

Countries Visited:

many

Traveler Since: 1999

January 03, 2013

Announcement date is January 14. Found it by clicking Traveler Photo Contest on left side of page and then the how to submit photos for 2012 contest link. 

Author: walshcs

Countries Visited:

Costa Rica, Ireland, Italy, the Canadian Maritimes incl. Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and PEI, Montreal (Quebec), Guatemala, and many USA cities incl. NYC, Chicago, New Orleans, Washington DC, Portland Oregon, the Oregon coast, Maine coast, parts of Florida. I took a 10 day tour to Costa Rica where I was especially thrilled to experience the tropical plants, birds, volcanos, and met the friendly Ticos. I did Ireland in Depth with GCT Oct. 2011 and it was an inspiring, beautiful, and meaningful experience to finally visit the land of my Irish ancestors. Completed the Tuscany & the Amalfi Coast with the pre-trip to Venice April 21, 2012 and it was a travel dream fulfilled. I booked Guatemala with Tikal, Antigua and Atitlan for January 2013 and had a wonderful adventure discovering modern day Maya culture and learning about ancient Maya city states with my visit to Tikal. Very excited that OAT has brought back the trip to Japan and I leave on that tour Nov. 4, 2013 with the pre-trip to Tokyo. Now I finally have the resources to pursue my "bucket list" of foreign travel and the freedom to chart my own life's course. Ask questions that will satisfy your requirements/interests in a travel buddy. Looking forward to meeting you here and maybe in the world. Warm regards, Cate I'll post a photo when I remember to bring one from home. (Only have internet at work for now.)

Traveler Since: 2011

January 08, 2013

Thank you wattsed and janice,

I'll be watching for the announcement. Did either of you enter photos this year?

Good luck to everyone who did,

Walshcs/cate

Author: wattsed

Countries Visited:

All seven continents, 113 countries and all states except Hawaii and Idaho.Plus some interesting places that are not countries such as The zores, Falkland Islands, South Georgia, etc.

Traveler Since: 2010

January 08, 2013

I entered   photos from my Ancient Kingdoms(Thailand, Laos, Viet Nam and Cambodia) and Black Sea to Budapest trips...Naturally, they have to be the best of all those submitted (just kidding of course)!  I don't expect to win because I am sure there are many that far exceed mine..I would hate to be a judge as I am sure it is a very difficult task with so many submissions...I am anxious to see the winners though...

Countries Visited:

many

January 08, 2013

It would be a waste of my time and theirs for me to enter the photo contest. I can do some things very well but taking photos is not one of them. For fun, I just added one of "me" to my profile. It's really a stone carving on the corner of a church in Ljubljana, Slovenia.

Cate, did you enter the contest?

Author: pauline

Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

January 09, 2013

I really take terrible pictures!  There seems to be a disconnect between me and the camera.  I did, however take good ones with my p&s film cameras.  And the best ones were with the Kodak Pocket Instamatic I had years ago.  But the new Canon Powershoot I took to Israel in November was a disaster!  So I just enjoy other people's pictures and the postcards I buy.

Author: gobuckeyes

Traveler Since: 2005

January 09, 2013

pauline (posted)...I really take terrible pictures!  So I just enjoy other people's pictures and the postcards I buy.

I can relate to that. I couldn't win a photo contest even if I had the only entry. I use to do the postcard thing; however, I never really went back to even look at them. They are just laying there in a cabinet. I liked the fold out postcard packets of 10 or 12. The postcards are a great idea though; never a bad shot, always ideal weather, perfect lighting, no construction, nobody blocking the item, and they are already labeled, etc.

Countries Visited:

many

January 09, 2013

Your comment about the packetsof postcards reminds me of when our group stopped to take photos of the Eiffel tower. There were swarms of men each with an open pack of cards dangling from one hand and a ring of miniature towers in the other hand. Suddenly, they took off running away as fast as they could. Our guide said they weren't licensed and had spotted an officer. 

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.