Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: andrewmoquin

GCT Trips Taken: 2
OAT Trips Taken: 1
Traveler Since: 2009

December 20, 2012

Had the pleasure of taking the China & Yangtze River trip this November.  It was a wonderful eye-opening WOW!  I found it to be a great value with good healthy food, efficient travel arrangements within the country and generally comfortable hotel accommodations. The 21 days gave in-depth insight into and amazing country and people that play such a dynamic role in today's world. November seemed to be a good time to travel there as the weather was not extreme and the crowds minimal. Our tour Director, Dinana, added to the trips enjoyment and smoothness.  She was "crystal clear" in her many detailed announcement's, always upbeat and caring. Any trip always provides some challenges and she handled them in a very professional manner.  I would put this trip at the top of anone's bucket list and Grand Circle excelled in delivering a memorable adventure at a reasonable price. They really did not pay me to write this but maybe they should?  Ho! Ho!     

Andrew Moquin, Bellingham, WA

Author: svncontinents

GCT Trips Taken: 7
OAT Trips Taken: 6
Traveler Since: 2007

December 21, 2012

Andrew-why not write your comments as a traveler review under the trip itself?  Individuals looking at those trips frequently look at the traveler reviews there.

Author: nanaandpapa

GCT Trips Taken: 12
OAT Trips Taken: 4
Countries Visited:

Aruba, Austria, Australia, Bermuda, Belgium, Botswana, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Rep., Egypt, England, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, South Africa, Spain, St. Marten (fr), St. Martin (nd), Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, USA, Vatican, Zimbabwe

Traveler Since: 2002

December 21, 2012

The one disadvantage to writing the trip review is that it is difficult to change once written. I have written them and realized afterwards that I had much more to say or wished that I had said it differently. You also can not post a second review on the same trip, so, if you have a reveiw that you feel is complete, post it there, as it is the best place for someone to find it. People also can not post questions or comments on a review, as they can in the forum. If you have quick comments or are looking for comments ar wish to start a discussion post it here in the forums

Author: grandcircle

GCT Trips Taken: 0
OAT Trips Taken: 0

December 21, 2012

Hello Nanaandpapa -

If you would like to edit one of your Traveler Reviews for any reason, you can send the edits to me at gctforummoderator@gct.com.  I can change the Review for you.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

OAT Forum Moderator

Author: nanaandpapa

GCT Trips Taken: 12
OAT Trips Taken: 4
Countries Visited:

Aruba, Austria, Australia, Bermuda, Belgium, Botswana, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Rep., Egypt, England, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, South Africa, Spain, St. Marten (fr), St. Martin (nd), Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, USA, Vatican, Zimbabwe

Traveler Since: 2002

December 21, 2012

Michelle,

You're really staying on top of the posts. I had barley posted my comment, when you posted your response.You have made a couple of revisions to trip reviews for us. and we thank you. 

Author: pauline

GCT Trips Taken: 11
Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

Traveler Since: 1999

December 21, 2012

Michelle,  I also wish there was some way to comment on travelers' reviews.  But I suppose that would be unwieldy.  I was thinking, in particular, of the review someone wrote earlier this year on the Holy Land tour in which he complained about the emphasis on religious sites.  I really wanted to be able to answer him.

Pauline

Author: grandcircle

GCT Trips Taken: 0

December 21, 2012

Hello Pauline -

That is a great idea.  Thank you for the suggestion!

Nanaandpapa - I try!

Kind Regards (and Happy Holidays!),

Michelle

OAT Forum Moderator

Author: singsling

Traveler Since: 1995

December 21, 2012

Andrews and others,

Instead of writing directly on the Traveler Review site, why not write in a word processing document, say all you want to say, wait a day, read again so that you can include something you really wanted to say or point out, or delete something you don't want to say.  Then, after you've thought about it for a day, paste it into the Review section comments block.  I've done that, even for these threads.

December 21, 2012

Pauline & Michelle-The traveler Review section is not a forum.  A forum is a venue for exchange of ideas and opinions.  The traveler review section is an opportunity for someone who has taken the trip to post a synopsis, ostensibly geared towards giveing some insight to someone who is considering taking the trip.  Grand Circle/OAT solicits unedited traveler reviews, taking the good with the bad.  Everyone is entitled to 'review' a trip without comment from anyone else  If anyone wants to take exception with some reviewer's opinion, they are free to write a review of the trip, assuming they have taken the trip, where they use only their experiences without basing theirviews on what someone else has written.  The comments come when one looks at the other reviews.  So we think it would be a bad idea to convert the traveler review section into a forum, something it was clearly intended NOT to be.  

Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

December 21, 2012

Oh dear, 7C.  You're at it again!

Author: singsling

Traveler Since: 1995

December 21, 2012

Pauline,

For once I agree with 7C's comment.  Reviews are just that.  Additional comments on the review can be written on the Forum, if one wants to go that route, but should identify the situation and make a comment.  If the person who has a comment on a trip reviewer's review, and as 7C has stated, IF the person has also taken the same trip, then they can request GCT to add to their original review, or if s/he hasn't written their review yet, the person can write their review and include comments on your view of the situation /destination, town, restaurant, etc.  I've seen some reviews just as I'm saying.  Can't tell you which trip, because I don't look at all the trips unless I've gone on the trip, or am thinking of going on the trip.

December 21, 2012

Why, singsling, you've agreed with us more than once, as have we with you.  But we're glad you added the comment that one is free to use the forum to comment on a reviewer's review.  On 'reviewing' what we wrote, we left out that comment, and we're glad you added it.  It's interesting that Pauline seemed to take exception with our post, but that's exactly the purpose of a forum; to excahange ideas and opinions.  Our opinion happed to disagree with hers, and we said so.  Appropriate for a forum.  What is interesting is that Pauline suggested turning the Traveler Review Section into a forum, but, if we interpreted her comment on our views correctly, didn't like when we used the forum for precisely the purpose for which it was intended.   Somewhat confuses us.

Countries Visited:

December 21, 2012

No, you didn't interpret my views correctly.  You rarely do.  What I meant to suggest was that if someone posted a review that could be interpreted to be offensive, that there should be some option for response.  In the case I cited, the reviewer claimed that those who were interested in the religious sites were fanatics.  And he used that word.

December 21, 2012

Pauline-we thank you for your clarification.  But if we misinterpreted, singsling did so as well, because he apparently came to the same conclusion as we did( see his post ).  Perhaps if you would state your views more succinctly it would preclude any misinterpretations.   it's very difficult for us, or anyone to know what you really mean unless you say so.  Without your making the distinction between venues for posting rejoinders, we could only believe that you had posted your comments to apply to the Traveler Review section.  Which is why we disagreed with you.  Reviews, as singsling has concurred are not subject to comment.  if you wish to begin a thread in this forum about a particular review, we encourage you to do this, as the forum is the correct place for that. 

BTW, please post your experiences in the GOES interview when you take it.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.