Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: dmarq

GCT Trips Taken: 3
OAT Trips Taken: 5
Traveler Since: 2008

December 09, 2012

Having a way to send an email rather than calling to ask a question about a current reservation would frequently be easier.  There wouldn't be the concern about time zones and the representative could find the answer without having to put me on hold.  I understand using phone access prior to reserving, but if I have a quick question about my upcoming trip, I'd rather not tie-up a phone line there when a quick email would suffice.

Author: luisa

GCT Trips Taken: 6
OAT Trips Taken: 2
Countries Visited:

Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Canada, Mexico, Spain, France, Monoco, Croatia, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Morocco, Chile, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji. Ireland

Traveler Since: 2006

December 09, 2012

For Customer Service or questions about existing reservations:

(800) 321-2835

Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 8:00 pm (ET)

Saturday - Sunday 9:00 am - 7:00 pm (ET)

Monday - Saturday (Air Department only) 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (ET)

online@gct.com

Author: svncontinents

GCT Trips Taken: 7
OAT Trips Taken: 6
Traveler Since: 2007

December 10, 2012

Call or e-mail. This topic has been bandies about in various threads at various times.  We suppose it will never go away.  We adopt a very simple philosophy when we have to deal with this question:  Is the need for an answer great enough for us to devote the time to make the call and speak to an actual person, and resolve our question( as well as any side issues that arise during our conversation )?  If, in the priorities we set for our daily activities, our need to have whatever issue we want resolved isn't high enough to devote the time to make a call, then it also isn't worth the time to send an e-mail.  We recognize that not everyone else feels the same way, but the inability to communicate via e-mail does tend to eliminate trivial questions that one would simply not devote the time out of their day to call for a response.  We've found that a good deal of those questions of lesser importance frequently be answered through this very message board.

Author: captainlarry

GCT Trips Taken: 10
OAT Trips Taken: 0
Traveler Since: 2002

December 10, 2012

Just a personal example of how it worked, once. I'm not at all implying that it will work this way every time. I had called a number of times, never contacting the appropriate person, but leaving a message each time. I received no responses. To show how important the concern, I don't even remember what it was about. But I eventually sent an email outlining the problem and detailing the failed call-backs. Within the hour of sending the email I received a telephone call that resolved the concern. That particular time, and for that particular problem, the email worked better than the phone calls. Anecdotal evidence is suspect, at best, but my experience has been that emails generate responses where phone calls are not always successful.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.