Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: cathycolt

Traveler Since: 2008

November 08, 2012

This was one of the best trips we've ever had.  The pacing is good, the location unbeatable but what made it beyond expectations was our program director - Alain Faure.  He is the best of any guide/director we've ever had and we've traveled quite a bit.

Author: macnmolly

Traveler Since: 2012

November 10, 2012

Great to hear.  We're headed out on the same trip next week!

Author: avalarue

Traveler Since: 2008

November 18, 2012

I totally agree. We took this trip last June. It was our third river cruise and by far our favorite. We loved the intimacy of the small ship and only 44 passengers. By the end of the week we were all acquainted and had made new friends. And, oh yes, the scenery was magnificent! Our PD, Beatrice Braverman, was excellent as well. We haven't had a bad PD with GCT yet.

Author: chas113m

Traveler Since: 2006

December 27, 2012

Ruth, my wife, and I had a great time on the Nov. 7 Rhone River cruise. Seven days on the Provence and being in France in November, when most tourists have left, were two of the highlights. Our cabin was very comfortable, the food and service aboard the Provence were excellent and we had no rain, which was a very pleasant extra. Our director, Raphaele Charre, was knowledgeable and inventive. She comes from the Ardeche, an area on the west bank of the river that we passed through. In Lyon, before taking us to a Sunday morning market, she gave all 40 travelers in our group two euros to spend on a food item (no alcohol, no bread). Afterward, we shared a big buffet of all the purchases before dinner. Raphaele added some pastis to get us in the Provencal mood. Before we left Lyon on Monday morning, we had visitors. An 88-year-old man who had been active in the French Resistance in Lyon as a student told us some of his experiences, and two people from a workshop that manufactures silk scarves and ties told us of the process they use, which can involve as many as ten colors, each applied to the fabric individually. Another highlight for me was our visit to the American military cemetery at Draguignan, where more than 800 servicemen and one woman are buried. Most were killed in the August 1944 landing in southern France. I also enjoyed our visit to Arles with its Roman sites as well as the hospital where Van Gogh was hospitalized at one time. lt is now a small, pleasant mall, but the colors of the building and the flowers have been kept much as they are in his painting of the scene. I hope to take the Seine cruise in 2013.

Chas113m

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.