Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: pltexas

Trips Taken: 2
Traveler Since: 2012

November 08, 2012

I'm glad GCT reads these forums, because I sure cannot get anyone on the phone to talk to! Come on guys - one day I spent over an hour on hold.  I wrote to GCT about that experience and the next time I called, I had nearly no wait.  Now I received a message from GCT to call them....about?  My upcoming trip maybe? I tried to call...waiting on hold for quite some time only to finally receive a message to leave a message - only thing was, the machine didn't let me leave a message.  First it asked for my customer number and in the middle of me looking it up, the system hung up on me.  That was two days ago.  I tried to call again today, got put on hold again and waited and waited and then rec'd another message to leave a message - but this time I was not required to provide my customer number (although I was ready this time!).

You REALLY need to have more phone support.  It is soooo frustrating from the customers end - especially to wait on hold only to receive a message to leave a message!  Why didn't it just give me that option in the first place instead of making me wait?

You know, I thinK GCT would do well to call the Social Security Administration and see how they handle their call load - much more efficient than GCT.   You are immediately given an option to be placed into a return call cue or hold - your choice.  And the que works - they call when they say they will.

GCT's customer support and relations is really lacking in this department.  Since phone support is the 'face of the company' it is vital to maintaining and growing any business, and the cause for the decline and demise of many.

I would really really hate to have some type of emergency while traveling and have to call GCT - I'd never get them on the phone!  :-(

Author: nanaandpapa

Trips Taken: 15
Countries Visited:

Aruba, Austria, Australia, Bermuda, Belgium, Botswana, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Rep., Egypt, England, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, South Africa, Spain, St. Marten (fr), St. Martin (nd), Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, USA, Vatican, Zimbabwe

Traveler Since: 2002

November 08, 2012

The best way to get quick answer is to call right when the open, at 9:00 Eastern time. As they spend as long on the phone with a customer as it takes to complete a booking, including conferencing in fellow travelers, consulting with other travel consultants and consulting with the travel department, a single call can take a half hour or longer.  ONc the calls back up, response time can grow rapidly.

November 09, 2012

Yes, I certainly understand their phones get backed up as I have had very lengthy calls with them myself.  My complaint is that the phone system doesn't work (puts you on hold then hangs up on you), and that it makes you hold for a long period before giving you an opportunity to leave a message - and even that option appears to be new and I'm greatful for it.  It just irritates me to be on hold for an hour with no opportunity to leave a message or to be put on a lengthy hold only to later be told to leave a message.  Especially since I'm having to call them from my office. While I'm on hold I'm missing calls, and potential business, but I don't dare hang up, to start the process all over again.

Most large companies or service companies, immediately give you a recorded message estimating your wait time on hold and offering you the option to leave a message.  Something like that would be ideal for GCT and would go a long way towards good CRM.

Author: grandcircle

Trips Taken: 0

November 09, 2012

Hi pltexas,

I am sorry you are having so much trouble getting through.  I am having trouble locating your contact details in our file.  Would you be able to send your phone number and a good time to reach you to gctforummoderator@gct.com? I will then have someone contact you directly.

Kind regards,

Tamara (filling in for Michelle while she is on a trip)

Community Manager 

November 09, 2012

Done. :-)

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.