Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: luisa

GCT Trips Taken: 6
OAT Trips Taken: 2
Countries Visited:

Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Canada, Mexico, Spain, France, Monoco, Croatia, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Morocco, Chile, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji. Ireland

Traveler Since: 2006

September 18, 2012

I wonder if anyone else recently received a 2013 full color brochure (two zebras on the cover) featuring "Highlights of South Africa" 20 days From $4795 including airfare from Miami; "Dubrovnik & Beyond" 15 days, from $4795 (airfare from Miami) and "Costa Rica Treasures" 13 days from $4795 (airfare from Miami). The June price for Costa Rica land only is $1795, so that would be $3,000 for air from Miami.

Obviously, there is an error in the price, missed by the proofreader, but I wonder if the same error is in the brochures targeted for other areas.

Author: sealionlady

OAT Trips Taken: 7
Traveler Since: 2001

September 18, 2012

I wouldn't worry about this ..... there are usually errors in GCT catalogs.  Go on line or call them to discover the "real deal". 

Author: captainlarry

GCT Trips Taken: 10
OAT Trips Taken: 0
Traveler Since: 2002

September 18, 2012

I think that Grand Circle Travel does a great job with almost eveything they do. The one aspect that annoys me and causes frequent misunderstandings is the inconsistency of information presented in different media, or, sometimes, in different locations within the same medium. I spent a lot of time ranting about this on a different thread a few months ago so I'll not go into detail here. I will just suggest that GCT needs a new department -- The Department of Information Consistency.

Author: luisa

OAT Trips Taken: 2
Countries Visited:

Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Canada, Mexico, Spain, France, Monoco, Croatia, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Morocco, Chile, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji. Ireland

Traveler Since: 2006

September 19, 2012

I never noticed incorrect prices in other catalogues or brochures. I wonder about this one, not only because of the price errors, but for the limited information.

There are three trips (not interested in any of them) and the only airport given is Miami. Although I live in Florida, I would not fly to South Africa or to Croatia from Miami. I would fly from Atlanta or New York  since there are several flights a day to Atlanta from my regional airport -- two a day to Miami, which costs more than Atlanta.. It seems like odd marketing move and a waste of printing and mail money. I was just wondering if they did this in other areas of the country.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.