Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: wattsed

Countries Visited:

All seven continents, 113 countries and all states except Hawaii and Idaho.Plus some interesting places that are not countries such as The zores, Falkland Islands, South Georgia, etc.

Traveler Since: 2010

August 11, 2012

7-c---I know what was said and your responses are insulting, not just to me but to everyone...I printed out all of your posts before I made the last comment that the moderator finally cut off with respect to the visa rant you were on....I tried to end this thread with some quotes that would apply to all regardless of their ideas and to calm the thread down, again, you chose to ignore this and just kept on along the same line!   The fact is, based on all of the above responses, people are tired of your rants (or is it t your desire to  always want the last word regardless of the subject?).. Just keep it up and you may be the only one on this forum and you can have a good time talking to yourself....As I said once before, "It does not take a genius to analyze the obvious" and in this case, I think you are the "obvious"!!!.

Author: nanaandpapa

Countries Visited:

Aruba, Austria, Australia, Bermuda, Belgium, Botswana, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Rep., Egypt, England, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, South Africa, Spain, St. Marten (fr), St. Martin (nd), Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, USA, Vatican, Zimbabwe

Traveler Since: 2002

August 11, 2012

singsling and wattsed.

Thank you both for being direct without being antagonistic. Every time that I wanted to respond to this myriad of posts, I had to bite my tongue, sometimes editing my response severely and, more often than not, canceling it altogether.

Author: singsling

Traveler Since: 1995

August 11, 2012

Nanaandpapa,

Thanks for your comments.  It makes me feel better that I didn't make a complete xxx out of myself, that I'm on the same sheet of music as others on these threads.  Unless there is something else for me to comment on, or something that makes me boil, on this Euro/money subject, I'm gonna call it quits.  I'm looking forward to our next trip, and I'll concentrate on that now.    I just feel better to know I'm not alone in my way of thinking or in my perception of  some.

Happy Traveling,

Countries Visited:

All seven continents, 113 countries and all states except Hawaii and Idaho.Plus some interesting places that are not countries such as The zores, Falkland Islands, South Georgia, etc.

August 12, 2012

Thank you!

Countries Visited:

December 11, 2012

Well xerxes, I will certainly have to agree with you that you were and are on an ego trip---you confirm this with both your post above as well as your prior post, some of which were under another name previously used on this forum!

Author: pauline

Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

Traveler Since: 1999

December 11, 2012

That was Centaur?

Author: luisa

Countries Visited:

Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Canada, Mexico, Spain, France, Monoco, Croatia, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Morocco, Chile, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji

Traveler Since: 2006

December 11, 2012
"8.6.2012

Update-as of this post, the Euro is at $1.2384 and going down."

Update. December 11,2012 The Euro is $1.30 

Author: svncontinents

Traveler Since: 2007

December 12, 2012

Everyone is going to do what everyone wants.  We happen to agree with xeres about having some money in our pockets for things which you can't always use a credit card for, such as snacks, and purchases where credit cards may not be accepted.  We generally purchase Euros when the price drops significantly.  We consider it a bit high right now( it closed at $1.3006 yesterday, as per the WSJ ).  It was lower this summer and predicted to go even lower by year's end, although it appears that didn't work out.  However, the cost of the Euro( as likely with most currencies ) is relatively volatile, and have no fear, with the next crisis, it will drop.  It will also rise with the next bailout of one or more of the spendthrift  members.  If you can afford to purchase and hold for your travel, then do so.  Euros are accepted in virtually every country, however, we recommend that you use them only in EU countries, because otherwise, you have adouble currency exchange rate to consider.  If you're going to travel to EU countries more than once, as some of our travelers are likely to do, keeping them around will do you well.  After all, when you buy low and spend high, you're following the same general philosophy Warren Buffett's used in his investing in companies, you don't need to be a genius to know where that got him.   And while you're not going to get rich if you purchase even 1000 Euros, at a savings of 5 cents, when you spend it, you'll still be better off.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.