Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: mbwen

Trips Taken: 4
Countries Visited:

Most of the USA, Eastern Canada, Nova Scotia, Mexico, East and West Coasts and some of the interior. Central America, Panama Canal and much of the Carribean. Hawaii, England, Scotland, Ireland and Northern Ireland, Wales. France, Spain, Italy and Greece. Israel, Turkey, Egypt and Jordan. Also, China, Australia, New Zealand, and Fiji. Most recently, Argentina and Antarctica !! Going to Russia this summer.

Traveler Since: 2010

July 10, 2012

Hi, fellow travelers!  I'm hoping that others who are booked on the August 23 departure of Russia  Revealed, Moscow to St. Petersburg will read this post and reply.  My name is Margaret (but I prefer Peggy) from Allentown, PA.  I usually travel solo but opted for a cabin mate this trip.  Two of my oldest friends, a couple from Stroudsburg, PA, whom I've travelled with many times  are also going on this trip.  The reason I decided to request a roommate this time is because I did that on my last OAT trip to Antarctica to save the very high single supplement. (It's over $1000 !) and  I really "lucked-out!!" She was the nicest, most considerate, pleasant and agreeable roommate anyone could have ever had.  We each did our own "thing" independent of each other part of the time and at other times ate meals together and spent time together at lectures and briefings.  Not everyone who requested a roommate was as fortunate as I.  There were some real incompatibility issues.  We both thought we were blessed!  I hope I am as fortunate this trip.  I'm not hard to get along with and have a good sense of humor and a positive outlook.  I love travel, photography, and I like meeting people. I hope my cabin-mate reads this and replies to me so that we know a little about each other before we meet.  I hope to get replies from other people going on the 8/23 Moscow to St. Petersburg sailing.. Is anyone flying out of Newark NJ also ?  Please reply and tell me where you are from. It will make it easier for all of us to get to know each other!  I'm looking forward to this trip!

Author: gaynell

Trips Taken: 12
Traveler Since: 2005

July 10, 2012

Peggy, you might want to edit your post to say that you are just "Peggy from Pennsylvania."  Giving your last name and town on a public forum could be a tip-off to those who are interested in which houses in your area are empty on which dates!  I just cringe whenever I see someone do this.

That being said, you are going to have a wonderful time on Russia Revealed.  We were there at the same time last year.  It is a great trip, with lots of interesting sites, history lessons, scenery, art, shopping, and food!  The time on the ship is peaceful and lovely, St. Petersburg is a wonderful city, rivaling Paris, and Moscow is large and interesting.  Have a good time!

Author: gaynell

Trips Taken: 12
Traveler Since: 2005

August 11, 2012

Peggy, I'm glad to see you deleted your last name from your post!  I'm writing this to bump your message to the top of the list, and perhaps this weekend someone who is going on your trip will see it and reply to you. If no one does, and you have any last minute questions, feel free to ask them on this forum.  Have a wonderful time!

Author: mkrish

Trips Taken: 3
Traveler Since: 2012

August 13, 2012

I had the Hermitage on my "bucket list", so I took the trip "Russia revealed" in June/July2012. As it turned out, the Hermitage was just a small, even though impressive part of the trip, Grand Circle showed us so much more of the Russian heritage and culture. I was impressed by the treasures of the National Gallery, the size and history of the Kremlin, and the display of fountains at the Peterhof, just to name a few. The guides were very knowledgeable and transmitted cultural and at times comical information at every opportunity. It was truly an informative and fun trip for me. I would highly recommend this trip to anybody who is interested in learning about people of different cultures.

guarding the bucket.

Author: anitabg

Trips Taken: 5
Traveler Since: 2000

September 09, 2012

We're also going to Russia Sept. 20th and are sooo ready!  I have a question of someone who has already been on the MS Rossia:  we'd like to take our Kindles, but wonder if we'll be able to use our 'chargers' on the ship?

Thanks,

Author: singsling

Trips Taken: 11
Traveler Since: 1995

September 09, 2012

You should be able to use your Kindle.  The Kindle charger most likely is 110/220V 50/60 cycle.  All yu will need is an adapter to put the US type plug into an adapter that is for use in Russia.  You can find adapters at any travel store (like Samsonite), or travel section of Target and other big box stores.  Your Traveler Handbook should tell you which kind of electrical adapter needed.  E.G., European, British (UK), Australia, etc.  I think Russia takes Europe plug with two round prongs, with two slits on the othr end for US plugs.  There are some adapters that have multiple slots/prongs for different countries all in one plug adapter.

Hope this helps.  I didn't use a Kindle in Russia, but I used my dual voltage curling iron, and our netbook, camera charges, using an electrical plug adapter.

Author: pauline

Trips Taken: 11
Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

Traveler Since: 1999

September 09, 2012

I was on the Rossia in 2010.  And I did charge my Kindle.  There's a little desk in the cabin with two electrical outlets.  One is for our voltage (?) and I think that our plugs worked as well.  I don't remember, because I have sets of plugs.

It was one of the most exciting trips I have ever taken.  Everything about it!

Author: grammyflo

Trips Taken: 13
Traveler Since: 2002

September 09, 2012

Just got back 3 weeks ago.  You can recharge almost anything on the Rossia.  It had both 110/220 on the vanity desk, freeing up the plug in the bath. 

I recharged my digital camera batteries several times. So did my husband.

Great ship, great trip.Lovely people.

grammyflo

Author: anitabg

Trips Taken: 5
Traveler Since: 2000

September 09, 2012

Thank you everybody who responded so quickly to my Kindle question.   We do love traveling with the Kindle; it saves carrying - what? - 14 books?  (a slight exaggeration, but all you readers out there know what I mean).

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.