Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: castorbtlanger

GCT Trips Taken: 0
OAT Trips Taken: 0
Countries Visited:

France, Italy, Spain, Tunisia, Sicily, Greece, Turkey, Mexico, Jamaica, Hawaii and alot of continental US.

June 17, 2012

Anyone taking this tour? I have not made up my mind, but getting closer and so, would like to hear from anyone else who might be going. I will be traveling as a SOLO.

Author: luisa

GCT Trips Taken: 6
OAT Trips Taken: 2
Countries Visited:

Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Canada, Mexico, Spain, France, Monoco, Croatia, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Morocco, Chile, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji. Ireland

Traveler Since: 2006

June 18, 2012

I took Discover South America and it's one of my favorites. Of eight OAT/GCT trips, I traveled solo on seven and never had a problem. There will be other solo travelers, most likely women, but perhaps one or two men, and you'll get to know the other travelers within a day or two.

If you don't hear from anyone soon, don't let that deter you from going on your own.

Author: travelann

GCT Trips Taken: 8
Traveler Since: 2010

June 18, 2012

I took this trip last year traveling solo. It was a great trip. Quite a few solo travelers, but everyone was friendly.   ENJOY !!

Author: franniepat

GCT Trips Taken: 3
OAT Trips Taken: 8
Countries Visited:

Ireland, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Portugal, Costa Rica, Peru, Bolivia, Columbia, Mexico, Alaska, Canada, Western US parks.

Traveler Since: 2008

June 18, 2012

My husband  took this trip last year in the fall and loved it so much he is going this September with his sister! (I did the OAT Ultimate Galapagos this year-a wonderful trip also!)

Author: dollywood

GCT Trips Taken: 18
Traveler Since: 2001

September 01, 2012

I am going on this 10/15 trip and will be going solo.  This will be my first time as a solo, so I'm looking for others.  Did you actually book the trip.  It should be great according to the traveler reviews I've read.

Author: luisa

GCT Trips Taken: 6
OAT Trips Taken: 2
Countries Visited:

Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Canada, Mexico, Spain, France, Monoco, Croatia, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Morocco, Chile, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji. Ireland

Traveler Since: 2006

September 02, 2012

I took this trip as a solo female and had a wonderful time; it's one of my favorites. I wouldn't worry about being the only solo woman, I've never been on a GCT or OAT trip where there weren't women traveling alone.

Just go and enjoy.

I just noticed the OP was in June, wonder if she took the trip.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.