Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: suitcase

GCT Trips Taken: 1
OAT Trips Taken: 7
Countries Visited:

Have lived and traveled in Hawaii, Alaska, Japan and the Azores. Have also visited Hong Kong, Thailand, Germany, Holland, England, Scotland, Greece, Costa Rica. Panama, Guatemala, Belize, Peru, Tanzania and various places in Mexico and Canada. Have also done the Morocco Sahara Odyssey, Ultimate Africa, Namibia, Croatia and Slovenia.

Traveler Since: 2008

May 23, 2012

Would like to hear from anyone who has done this trip in Oct, Nov or Dec with comments on temperature and weather.  I understand Cappadocia is at some altitude so is probably cooler.  Any other observations during this time frame besides weather would also be welcome.

Thanks

Author: donaldjudy68

GCT Trips Taken: 2
OAT Trips Taken: 3
Traveler Since: 2011

May 23, 2012

We took this trip in October in 2011.  It was our first tour as we usually travel independently.  It was just wonderful!  I'm glad to see that they are offering it again.  It has a very nice itinerary that is very good value.   Our group was 35 but we had a great group. Bought lots of interesting stuff (rugs, scarves, linens pottery etc).  The weather was comfortable with it being a little cooler in Cappadocia. We had a couple days of rain but didn't interfer much. Be sure to take the balloon ride. Nice hotels, delicious food.  Have a wonderful time.

Author: luisa

GCT Trips Taken: 6
OAT Trips Taken: 2
Countries Visited:

Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Canada, Mexico, Spain, France, Monoco, Croatia, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Morocco, Chile, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji. Ireland

Traveler Since: 2006

May 24, 2012

I took the Turkey trip in October a few years ago and it was wonderful. Temps generally in the high 70s, warm enough to swim in the Med in Antalya and a bit cooler in Capp. I brought a fleece jacket and wore it only for the early morning balloon ride. We had only one day of light rain on the way to Ankara so wore a rain jacket that day. It was very warm at Ephesus you'll need a hat for sun protection.

It's a great trip, consider taking the balloon ride, it was amazing.

Author: harphil7

GCT Trips Taken: 9
Traveler Since: 2000

June 13, 2012

My husband and I are going to Turkey in early October.  I know they frown upon women wearing shorts, but are 3/4 pants okay?   Also, what do the men wear?  Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

Author: donaldjudy68

GCT Trips Taken: 2
Traveler Since: 2011

June 13, 2012

I brought capris and wore them along the west and south coast when it was in the 80's or so. Scarves are handy and I wore one every day.  Buy some there too.! Bring comfortable shoes as you do lots of walking, climbing etc.

Author: harphil7

GCT Trips Taken: 9
Traveler Since: 2000

June 14, 2012

Thanks for your information.  Do the men wear shorts?

Author: nanaandpapa

GCT Trips Taken: 12
OAT Trips Taken: 4
Countries Visited:

Aruba, Austria, Australia, Bermuda, Belgium, Botswana, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Rep., Egypt, England, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, South Africa, Spain, St. Marten (fr), St. Martin (nd), Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, USA, Vatican, Zimbabwe

Traveler Since: 2002

June 14, 2012

Convertible pants (zip off legs) are a great addtion to your wardrobe when you are in a country where shorts are not always acceptable, particulary a hot country.

Author: luisa

GCT Trips Taken: 6
OAT Trips Taken: 2
Countries Visited:

Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Canada, Mexico, Spain, France, Monoco, Croatia, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Morocco, Chile, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji. Ireland

Traveler Since: 2006

June 14, 2012

I think capris will be all right. I don't recall any men wearing shorts on our trip, but they may have in Pammukale when we went to the pools. We also had an afternoon to hang around the pool or swim at one of the hotels, so they may have worn shorts there. The suggestion for zip-offs is good.

It's a great trip, enjoy.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.