Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: lmilliken

Trips Taken: 3
Traveler Since: 2011

May 04, 2012

Leaving in 29 days. Any ideas on clothing, what to see during free time, pre-trip to Venice and just every day experiences.

Author: suekansas

Trips Taken: 30
Traveler Since: 2003

May 04, 2012

Hi lmilliken, 

You are in for a treat.  We did Venice, Tuscany & the Almalfi Coast in Feb. of 2011.  Had a fantastic time.  Suggestions:  In Venice you probably will have free time.  Just start walking and see everything you can possibily see, what does it matter if you get a little lost?  You won't have a strict time schedule and unless you jump in the water and swim away you will still be in Venice.  I would highly recommend going to the little island of Burano, it is so colorful and fun to see. 

We did most of the optional trips and were pleased that we did. 

I had done some research before we left home and while we were in Tuscany we took a local bus to Montepulciano and had a fantastic day.  While on the Almalfi Coast part we took a local train and went to Herculaneum.  You ask, how do I know if I'm interested in these places, well guess what?  I have a travel blog and it's complete with a little info and lots of pictures. 

I will tell you that we have been to a lot of places, but the bus ride along the Almalfi Coast is perhaps one of the most beautiful days of my life.  If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. 

Take a look at my travel blog, the trips are listed on the left hand side of the opening page.  www.thefarmersmeanderings.wordpress.com

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.