Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: wmelchior

Trips Taken: 4
Countries Visited:

England, Wales, and small British Islands; various Mediterranean countries; Norway; Baltic and Alaska cruises (big liners); Egypt; Kenya.

Traveler Since: 2011

May 01, 2012

Forget to add this to my recent trip evaluation to GCT:

I'd really like to get, as part of the predeparture package, a small map (maybe a single page or two, but definitely bigger than the tiny ones in the brochures) of the trip so I can keep track of where we are.  It doesn't need to be detailed, and BIG maps are hard to handle, but a small map with major roads, so I can follow our route, would be nice to be able to refer to during the trip.

Author: tomnat

Trips Taken: 18
Traveler Since: 2004

May 11, 2012

We agree that GCT/OAT should add single page (8.5x11inch) maps to their Handbooks & Final Documents/Itinerary booklets.

These maps should be more detailed than those on the GCT/OAT website & in mailed sales brochures and in color, if possible. They should cover the route of the whole trip, and, if possible, additional detailed maps for key multi-day stops, e.g. Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kiev, Tallinn & Helsinki for "Russia Revealed".

We find it easier to understand the itinerary, history, sites, etc. of a trip with well written descriptions supported by maps. In many cases the map pictures can save words of description or at least improve our comprehension.

Author: cmonk197

Trips Taken: 4
Traveler Since: 2009

November 04, 2012

I strongly agree about larger maps that include more detail. It's fun to view a map and see what's around the river bend or over a mountain. Some travelers purchase big road maps but I find these are too clumsy to use. 

Author: jdwheel1

Trips Taken: 10
Countries Visited:

over 70 countries on every continent (including Antarctica) and counting

Traveler Since: 2009

November 11, 2012

Better maps would be a great addition if implemented by GCT as others have suggested.  

I that is too much effort, it seems to me that GCT can very easily add a link to their web site to a full sized pdf  or jpeg of the brochure map that appear in a small window when you click on the web site.  Those of us that are interested can print these ourselves (I do not get good enough quality when I try to print the current small maps).

Author: grandcircle

Trips Taken: 0

November 13, 2012

Thanks for all your great ideas! I've heard in other forums that access to high resolution map files would be a great addition to our website.  I've passed the suggestion along to our development team to figure out how to make that happen.  Keep the suggestions coming!

Kind regards,

Michelle

Community Manager

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.