Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: kristenc

Trips Taken: 1
Traveler Since: 2012

April 28, 2012

Anyone going on this trip? On either of the extensions? I'm a first-timer.

I notice that we will be docked in Strasbourg on Saturday, July 14, France's Bastille Day. I look forward to some grand fireworks and celebrating in the streets. Any comments?

Author: dk15urs

June 01, 2012

6/1/12   Kristenc, to your 4/19/12 forum post, too bad you are not going on the Aug. 19th river cruise on the Rhine and Mosel, that is when we are going, that is we are leaving the US on the  19th.   Are you going on the pretrip extension in Bruges? How about the Lucerne, Switzerland 4 night extension?

Whatever you do, you will have a great time!  When you return if you would be so kind, please return to us on this forum and tell us about your experiences. Tell us about the land side trips and if you enjoyed them. 

You must be counting the days, I know I am and we still have a ways to go!

Urs

Author: jayge

Trips Taken: 9
Traveler Since: 2004

June 03, 2012

Kristenac, sorry we won't be on your ship as we are going in late June with a pre-trip in Switzerland.  We took this identical trip about three or four years ago and you will love it!

I hope you signed up for Switzerland as it was very enjoyable.  We took all the optionals and felt they were delightful.  One was a wagon ride to a farm where they served us some lovely snacks; another was a boat ride across the lake and then on a cog train at the top of a mountain to a restaurant where Grand Circle people were the only ones in the restaurant and we were entertained by musicians.  I am not good at remembering exactly what we did but do remember the fun.

People are very friendly on these ships and you will have an opportunity to meet with many of them at meals with the open seating.  You can sit at a different table each time and with different people if you wish.

We will still be on part of our trip while you are away.  Bon Voyage!

Jayge

We are thinking about the new trip, Ukraine for 2013 but are hoping they drop the hotel stay in Kiev which is for several days in the main trip.  Another Company, Viking, has the entire trip using the ship which is much better than being in a hotel.

Author: jayge

Trips Taken: 9
Traveler Since: 2004

June 03, 2012

Correction: we are taking Switzerland as a POST trip!

Author: kristenc

June 05, 2012

Thanks, guys. Yes, I'm going pre-trip to Switzerland and post-trip to Bruges. Starting to get things organized now since I just got back from a 50th HS class reunion and got all that stuff put away! Looking forward to seeing many new places and will try to post some info after my return.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.