Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: nanaandpapa

Countries Visited:

Aruba, Austria, Australia, Bermuda, Belgium, Botswana, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Rep., Egypt, England, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, South Africa, Spain, St. Marten (fr), St. Martin (nd), Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, USA, Vatican, Zimbabwe

Traveler Since: 2002

March 11, 2012

I just posted a rather long new trip report on a June 2010 departure of Australia, New Zealand & Fiji. It has a URL to link to a blog. Since the Traveler Review software does not recognize slashes, the URL is incorrect. The correct URL is:

http://www.travelpod.com/dashboard/trip/3

Author: pauline

Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

Traveler Since: 1999

March 11, 2012

It wants me to sign in on Facebook.

Countries Visited:

Aruba, Austria, Australia, Bermuda, Belgium, Botswana, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Rep., Egypt, England, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, South Africa, Spain, St. Marten (fr), St. Martin (nd), Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, USA, Vatican, Zimbabwe

March 11, 2012

You can sign up for a free travelpod account, if you don't want to go through facebook. I believe

Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

March 11, 2012

OK.  I'll give it a try.  I got myself off Facebook a while back.  I'm really not interested in what people eat for breakfast or what movies they've seen.  But I do want to read your report.

Countries Visited:

March 12, 2012

It still wanted me to sign in through Facebook, so I gave up.  But I did read your review on the trip where it appears under "Our Trips."  Sounds like you really enjoyed it except for all the flying.  That can really get to you.

A friend and I took four trips to Australia and New Zealand independently.  Actually, three to Australia and four to New Zealand.  We used to go every other year for two months at a time, visiting small townships as well as the big cities and tourist spots.  We'd stay over one night in LA both going and coming back, and that may have helped.  

I looked at the review listed under yours, which was actually, posed first, and that person found both the Reef and Milford Sound disappointing.  It's been more than ten years since I visited the Reef, but I remember it being very exciting even though I don't scuba or even snorkel.  We did go down in a semi-submersible to look at the coral.  And Milford Sound, we went to twice.  Once from Queenstown and once when we were staying in Te Anu.  How anyone could find it boring is beyond me!

Author: janice!

Countries Visited:

many

March 12, 2012

Hi Pauline, you should just ignore the "Sign in with Facebook" banners and enter whatever you want for a User ID and password to create an account in TravelPod.  I do have a FB account but chose not use it here because I didn't want to give FB permission to hand over my personal information.  For testing purposes, I was able to create an ID and sign in but got a "Oops we can't find that trip" message instead of the trip report.

Janice

Countries Visited:

March 12, 2012

Pauline,

Since I have a facebook account, and it is linked to my TravelPod account, I can't test or verify this, but here is a blog entry talking about facebook logon.

FYI - there is some confusion as to whether you must sign up for facebook in order to post a comment. It looks as if, when you get a popup box requesting you to create an account, its a facebook account. This is not so - you do have to set up an account at travelpod, but the facebook button is separate, a tricky ruse to take you to FB, or to get you annoyed and not post a comment. Also, know that your comments are visible to my blog readers. You can also email me at my 'regular' address (yes, I have several - take your pick) Addendum - it seems you can comment, or you can send me a message (nonpublic). Try both!

Jack

Author: janice!

Countries Visited:

many

March 13, 2012

Jack, http://blog.travelpod.com/travel-blog/jackdonoghue45/3/tpod.html  works better than the url you gave in your first post.

Countries Visited:

March 13, 2012

Given the difficulty using TravelPod without being highjacked into Facebook, I am working on converting the Blog to a Google blogspot. Google is more powerful, but it takes a little more work, and it does not provide a database of hotel and attraction ratings, which are of dubious value IMHO. I may, not heve this done before leaving for Paris on March 25 and will probably be working of The Seine: Paris to Normandy blog while on the trip, but I will get it converted after returning. I have given my input to GCT that they should consider supporting blogs on their site, as you can do so much more that with just text.

Author: captainlarry

March 14, 2012

Jack, I just finished reading your blog. It reads as if I were sitting in your living room and you were showing me pictures and describing them to me. That's as it should be. Well done, sir.

Countries Visited:

March 14, 2012

Captainlarry,

Thank you

Countries Visited:

March 18, 2012

As TravelPod is not that friendly to read and difficult to get the results that you want when composing, I have converted the blog  on Australia, New Zealand & Fiji to Google Blogger. The new URL is jackthetravelingman.blogspot.com. Feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jack

Author: captainlarry

March 19, 2012

Blogspot is much more user friendly than TravelPod. Thanks.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.