Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: suepoor1234

Countries Visited:

All the states except Hawaii; east and west Canada, all of Western Europe(except Iceland and Greenland); the Baltics and Scandanavia; Belarus, Poland, Ukraine; Russia; Turkey, Jordan and Israel; China, Mongolia, and Tibet; Egypt, Morocco, Tanzania; Mexico, Costa Rica, Guatamala, El Salvador; Ecuador, Galapagos Islands, Peru, Argentina; Australia and New Zealand; Antarctica.

Traveler Since: 2007

March 08, 2012

Has anyone done this trip and added an independent few days for Tasmania??

Author: rosemarynj

Traveler Since: 2010

March 08, 2012

I am going to look at nanaand papa's blog of the Fiji part of the trip.  We are not doing the cruise but will enjoy the couple of days in Fiji.

Thanks for all the advice on the wrist bands and ginger tablets.  I will try to get both of those as even though Bonine is suppose to be nondrowsy I always feel drowsy when taking it.

I do hope companero reports on his complaints on the trip as maybe if GC reads them, changes will be made. 

This destination has always been on my husband and my bucket list and we are really looking forward to the trip.  I will stay positive and it helps that so many of you have enjoyed it.

Thanks for all the good wishes.

Rosemary

Author: pauline

Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

Traveler Since: 1999

March 08, 2012

I have never taken the GCT trip to Australia, New Zealand and Fiji, but it looks and sounds wonderful.  I did go independently to Australia and New Zealand with a friend.  Four times!  We loved it so much, we went every other year for eight years until she was unable to travel.  There is so much to see, and the people are so nice.

I can't believe that a company whose trips I have always enjoyed could fall down on a trip to a place I have loved.  If he doesn't come up with some definite reasonings behind his post, we should all disregard it.

And to Sue.  If you can get to Tasmania, you will enjoy it.  The scenery is more like New Zealand than other parts of Australia, and the history is very interesting.  Try to be in Hobart near the Salamanca area and waterfront.  There is a street fair one day a week, I think, that has nice stuff.  I bought a pair of earrings and a spoon rest for my kitchen.  And there are good restaurants in that area.

Author: nanaandpapa

Countries Visited:

Aruba, Austria, Australia, Bermuda, Belgium, Botswana, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Rep., Egypt, England, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, South Africa, Spain, St. Marten (fr), St. Martin (nd), Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, USA, Vatican, Zimbabwe

Traveler Since: 2002

March 18, 2012

I have completed the blog trip report and converted it to Google Blogger. The URL is jackthetravelingman.blogspot.com, as TravelPod was not working for me.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.