Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: hawkeye62

Trips Taken: 7
Traveler Since: 2006

February 26, 2012

We've made 4 trips to Egypt with GCT, would love to return, but I hate the thought of traveling with different company.  We can't be the only ones who would love to go...

Author: hootie

Trips Taken: 8
Countries Visited:

China, Austria, Germany, Hungary, Slovakia, Poland, Serbia, Croatia, Romania, Transylvania, Bulgaria, Chech Republic, Slavakia, Bratislava, Egypt, Israel, Cyprus, Crete, Greece, Turkey, Istanbul, Italy, England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Estonia, Russia, Tahiti & French Polynesia/Society Islands, Hawaiian Islands, Bermuda, Alaska, Costa Rica, Mexico, United States, Panama Canal, Caribbean (extensively), Canada/Nova Scotia, Canary Islands, Gibralter, Spain, Portugal, Morocco, Vatican City, France, Holland, Belgium, Tasmania, Australia, New Zealand, Ukraine, Russia.

Traveler Since: 2001

February 26, 2012

Egypt...

you are not alone in wanting to return...

have been 3 times, twice with GCT...

Hopefully, when it is safer, GCT will restart trips.

February 27, 2012

I'm glad to know there are others who appreciate the country and the good people of Egypt like my wife and I do. In five trips, before and after the revolution, we've never had a bad expereince and have made many friends with whom we are still in touch.

I honestly feel that the safety concerns are very exaggerated.

Author: bad758

Trips Taken: 20
Traveler Since: 2001

February 29, 2012

Do not be hesitant about touring with another company.  We traveled to Egypt in 2000 with Go Ahead Tours and it was wonderful.  Check out their tours on www.goaheadtours.com

They also have the extension to Petra.

We also took the tour of Turkey with them and it was one of the best we have taken.  We do enjoy GCT and OAT but they have cut many tours that other companies still have.  So, I say go for it!

February 29, 2012

Thanks for the suggestion. I must admit to being a creature of habit plus I've met so many wonderful GTC people in Egypt on prior trips, it would be nice to see them again.

I used another company once and it was fine but they and most other companies only offer shorter tours of 12 days or less. Obviously I'll have to do more research if GCT and OAT do not resume their tours soon, as I definately intend to return.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.