Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: bad758

Traveler Since: 2001

December 13, 2011

I am considering the trip to Costa Rica with the extension to Manuel Antonio National Park departing on March 28.  Would appreciate your comments on the extension if you have taken this trip.  Is it wonderful and not to be missed?  Or just "so-so?"

Author: inheritance

Traveler Since: 2010

October 11, 2012

WE  ARE SO UPSET WITH GRAND CIRCLE RIGHT NOW...UNLESS WE GET A BETTER ANSWER FROM THEM WE WILL ONLY BE TRAVELING WITH VANTAGE TRAVEL FROM NOW ON...TORTUGUERO NATIONAL PARK WAS TO BE INCLUDED IN THE BASE TRIP...NOW AFTER WE PAID IN FULL IT HAS BEEN TAKEN OUT AND IS TAKING THE PLACE OF MANUEL ANTONIO NATRIONAL PARK IN POST-TRIP EXTENSION...SO WHAT I ALREADY PAID IN FULL FOR IS BEING SOLD AS AN EXTENSION, DOESN'T SEEM ETHICAL  DOES IT??? i AM GETTING NOWHERE WITH TELEPHONE CALLS...ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE AS FRUSTRATED? WE ARE CURRENTLY BOOKED ON THE JUNE 11,2013 TRIP AND THIS WILL BE OUR LAST TRIP WITH GRAND CIRCLE UNLESS WE GET BETTER COMPENSATION FOR THIS ACTION!

Author: gobuckeyes

Traveler Since: 2005

October 11, 2012

inheritance....you may find this amusing..... 

WE ARE SO UPSET WITH VANTAGE RIGHT NOW...UNLESS WE GET A BETTER ANSWER FROM THEM WE WILL ONLY BE TRAVELING WITH GRAND CIRCLE FROM NOW ON...THEY CANCELLED OUT OUR BRAZIL & AMAZON RIVER CRUISE...NOW AFTER WE PAID IN FULL 5 MONTHS AGO...SUPPOSEDLY THEY CHANGED IT TO A PRESIDENTS CRUISE WHICH WE WERE TOLD IS NOW SOLD OUT, SO WHAT I PAID IN FULL FOR IS NOW (OR WAS) SOLD AS A PRESIDENTS CRUISE. DOESN'T SEEM ETHICAL DOES IT??? I GOT NOWHERE WITH DOZENS OF TELEPHONE CALLS, WEBMAILS, AND LETTERS TO THEIR OWNER (I.E. HENRY LEWIS). THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE POLICY IS TO NOT RESPONDS TO PROBLEMS..ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE AS FRUSTRATED WITH THEM? THIS WAS OUR LAST TRIP WITH VANTAGE, WE GOT ZERO COMPENSATION FOR THIS ACTION!

FWIW, since 2006 I have taken 11 trips with GCT/OAT and ZERO with Vantage.  

Author: dmab

Traveler Since: 2006

November 30, 2012
I was initially disappointed that Tortuguero had been dropped from the 2013 tours. Then I read the tour reviews for earlier trips and one of the most common complaints was too much time on the bus. Eliminating Totuguero eliminated a lot of highway time and as a result the rest of the trip more leisurely. It's too bad that GCT didn't explain that. Eliminating Tortuguero eliminated a full day on the bus.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.