Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: waitman

Traveler Since: 2003

November 26, 2011

This is a great trip made better by the program director, Albert, and the local guides.  They all went the extra mile to enrich our experience.  We saw everything from ancient artifacts to metropolitan areas.  The museums in Shanghai and Beijing were spectacular and the terra cotta army, summer palace,  and Great Wall were breathtaking. The home-hosted lunches were good down home food, but the included restaurant lunches and dinners were nearly all substandard.  I have had Chinese food in the U.S., Canada, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Vietnam and loved it.  This trip provided meals that were consistently bland, seemingly prepared for  tourists, and reminiscent of third rate mom and pop  Chinese restaurants in the States.  Portions were skimpy.  On the plus side, they induced us to search the markets for snacks and instant noodles.  Everything else was a fascinating and educational experience.    

Author: luisa

Countries Visited:

Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Canada, Mexico, Spain, France, Monoco, Croatia, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Morocco, Chile, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji. Ireland

Traveler Since: 2006

November 26, 2011

Sounds interesting, it was on my list but it looks like another trip canceled for 2012. One of my favorites, Crossroads of Turkey, is gone too.

Author: pauline

Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

Traveler Since: 1999

December 12, 2011

We can add Classic Costa del Sol to the list of canceled trips for 2012.  I just got a postcard from GCT to that effect.  Supposedly because they "were not able to deliver the high quality..."  At least, they're not claiming lack of interest.   I'd certainly go back to China, and I've never been to Turkey.  Costa del Sol was my first GCT trip back in 1999, although it wasn't my first trip to Spain.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.