Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: nwtravelers

GCT Trips Taken: 17
OAT Trips Taken: 0
Traveler Since: 2002

November 12, 2011

This trip was announced as a new trip for 2012 in the GCT catalog. Since it is high on our "want list" I immediately started to research it. (We had been booked on this trip on Vantage for Sept. 2011 but had to cancel due illness.)

The GCT website said that pricing was not available at that time so I added the trip to our online planner. When I later went to book the trip it and was checking available dates the website said it was sold out for the season, listing "sold out" on every date. 

Once we had booked another trip and I discussed wanting this trip with the individual, i found that our trip planner had been changed to the Norway and Lapland trip, which we did not want. Subsequently, I sent an email to GCT to ask them about what happened to this trip and was told it had been cancelled due to "lack of interest". Hard to believe when we were never able to book it.

Anybody else interested in this trip or had a similiar experience?

Kay

Author: nanaandpapa

GCT Trips Taken: 12
OAT Trips Taken: 4
Countries Visited:

Aruba, Austria, Australia, Bermuda, Belgium, Botswana, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Rep., Egypt, England, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, South Africa, Spain, St. Marten (fr), St. Martin (nd), Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, USA, Vatican, Zimbabwe

Traveler Since: 2002

November 12, 2011

There used to another GCT/Norwegian trip in Europe. The other one started in Athens, visited Santorini, Mikonos, Rhodes, Kusidasi and Ephesus, then sailed into the Black Sea visiting Odessa and Yalta, finishing in Istanbul. This was a wonderful trip. We took it about 11 years ago, directly through Norwegian. GCT was on the ship, and this is how we first encountered GCT. We had planned to take the Scandinavian trip, but never got to it before it was dropped.

Jack and Ann Donoghue

Author: pauline

GCT Trips Taken: 11
OAT Trips Taken: 0
Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

Traveler Since: 1999

November 13, 2011

There was a Scandinavian trip that my friend and I took in the fall of 2002, and we loved it.  The pre-trip extension was in St. Petersburg, and we stayed in a very large hotel the name of which escapes me, but I could probably find it somewhere.  We saw everything that I later saw on the Russia Revealed trip except for the Amber Room in Catherine's Palace which hadn't been completely restored.

From there, we went to Helsinki.  Then to Oslo, Bergen (which I much preferred of the two), Copenhagen, and last Stockholm.  Talinn had been the post-trip, but for some reason they had taken it off that year.  I don't think there was a post-trip.  In between the cities, we saw a lot of the countryside and sights.  I do remember that our PD said in Bergen that if enough of us were interested, she could hire a small bus and driver and take us to Grieg's house.  That was fascinating.

I didn't realize until just now that they had removed that trip.  I can't believe it's lack of interest.  The new Norwegian coastal one looked interesting until I read the words "inside cabin."  I'm slightly claustrophobic.

Author: moretrips

GCT Trips Taken: 9
OAT Trips Taken: 1
Traveler Since: 2005

April 10, 2012

We also have been waiting for a return of one of the Scandinavian trips that was discontinued a few years ago, it did have a pre or post trip to St. Petersburg Russia, we don't like the one that you have to Lapland. Please give us more selection on Scandinavia.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.