Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: pauldrn

Trips Taken: 6
Traveler Since: 2010

October 19, 2011

Hi,

I would like very much to talk to some folks who have taken this trip before.  I am leaving Sat 22 Oct 2011, so time is short.

I tried several times before to POST this info, but it was always after OAT had closed and I got frustrated in trying to figure out the way to do a POST and forgot to call them the next day.  In talking to OAT today, they indicate they will try to make the web site more user friendly for Old Folks (you know - OF's - what else could it stand for???).

My email is pauldrn@comcast.net, phone numbers: 360-479-6652,  360-362-1616, or least desired my Cell ph:  360-362-9466 (because it is costly).

Call any time between 8 AM to 10 PM (0800 to 2200) Pacific Coast time (11 AM to 1 AM (1100 to 0100) East Coast time, and time zones in between.  If it costs you to call me, send an email with your ph number and the time you would like me to call.  Then I will call you back on my dime.

I want to get a general feel of the trip, rigors, climate, clothing to bring, etc., and definitely would like to talk to someone. 

Thanks  Paul

Author: janice!

Trips Taken: 7
Countries Visited:

many

Traveler Since: 1999

October 20, 2011

Hello Paul,

I recommend that you post your questions on the Travel Forum for OAT travelers. The url is  http://www.oattravel.com/Community/Travel-Forum.aspx.

I also recommend that you reconsider posting so much personal information on the Travel Forums. Your message is public and can be viewed by the millions of people with internet access. Using the information you have included, they can easily find your full name, your age, your address, the names of other people at that address and more information about you. By giving your email address, you are making it available to countless spammers.

Janice

Author: luisa

Trips Taken: 8
Countries Visited:

Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Canada, Mexico, Spain, France, Monoco, Croatia, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Morocco, Chile, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji

Traveler Since: 2006

October 21, 2011

I agree with the previous post. First, ask your questions on the OAT web site without giving your personal information.

On the OAT web site, read the traveler reviews for your trip and you might find answers to your questions. Also check "South Pacific" in the Destinations section and you'll find questions and answers from other travelers.

The handbook provides information about clothing and climate and since you're leaving tomorrow, you've probably begun packing.

If I were you I would edit your first post and remove your phone numbers and e-mail address. I've noticed that some people do give their e-mail addresses, but I wouldn't, I get enough spam now.

Another option is to just ask specific questions on the OAT site and check back to read the responses.

Good luck and have a wonderful trip to Australia and New Zealand, both beautiful and interesting countries.

Author: pauline

Trips Taken: 11
Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

Traveler Since: 1999

October 21, 2011

You can log into OAT directly from GCT.  Just click at the bottom where you see Overseas Adventure Travel. 

I totally agree with Janice and Luisa about posting personal information on the forum.  Anyone can read all the postings without logging on.  You have to enter your password to post, but that's a different matter.  I have removed myself from Facebook for that reason, among others.  Too intrusive.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.