Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: sdelussa

Trips Taken: 4
Traveler Since: 2009

October 18, 2011

My husband and I are booked for the March 18, 2012 trip to Spain and Portugal and have discovered several very negative comments about Iberia Airlines on online airline sites. Can anyone share their experience/ insights with us?

Also, we would love to read your comments about this trip.

Thanks,

Sally-Jo DeLussa

Author: uofmich77

Trips Taken: 6
Traveler Since: 2005

October 18, 2011

My husband and I took this trip several years ago at Christmastime and absolutely loved it. I would love to get back to Madrid sometime in warmer weather. We keep waiting for a more in depth experience in Northern Spain but there hasn't been anything. I think you will really enjoy yourselves. As for Iberian Airlines I just remember we weren't that impressed but I don't remember anything terrible. Spaniards are loud though so you may not get a lot of sleep coming back.

Author: porkchop55

Trips Taken: 11
Countries Visited:

Great Britain, Israel, Italy, Spain, Turkey, France, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland, Tunisia, China, Peru, Canada, Japan, Philippines, Thailand, Fiji, American Samoa, Australia, Taiwan, Singapore, South Korea

Traveler Since: 2004

November 08, 2011

My wife and I just returned from Spain and Portugal in Depth on 3 November and had Iberia flights in and out of Boston.   I would rate their service equal to that of US carriers.  I have flown Delta to Rome and the service was about the same as Delta, not great but not bad.  The only issue I had was that someone had broken off a ear phone jack in the plug so I was not able to plug in my ear phone to watch the movie.  That was ok with me, because the movie is shown on  CRT screens that drop from the overhead down the center of the plane and is not that easy to see, so I got more sleep.  

The 1 hour  Iberia flight from Lisbon to Madrid on the way back is not as good as the international flight.  The seats are close together with little leg room.  Anyone 6 feet or more will be uncomfortable.  They also have no drink service on the flight.  Instead of serving drinks they sold duty free stuff during the flight. 

Author: milhaud

Trips Taken: 4
Traveler Since: 2009

November 08, 2011

I returned from a tour of Spain and Portugal on November 3rd. In my opinion, Iberia Airlines is as good or better than any U.S. International carrier. Flight attendants are attentive, and the food was actually palatable (more than I can say about American Airlines). As for comfort? It's an airline seat. They are what they are -- unless you are fiying business class.

Author: luvtravelin

Trips Taken: 21
Traveler Since: 2001

July 13, 2014

I'm reviving this old post with the hope someone has had recent experience with Iberia Airlines.

We will be flying from Lisbon, Portgual via Madrid to Miami on Iberia.  Have never flown this airline before and the numerous reviews on various sites are not good.  Yes, I know flying any airlines is usually not good these days.

The Airbus A340-200 does not have individual seat tv's.  The flight is over 10 hours from Madrid to Miami.  Someone had posted that the overhead tv's were of such poor quality that trying to watch what was being shown was next to impossible.

Just hoping someone can respond with their experience if any.  Thanks.

Author: oldbog

Trips Taken: 6
Traveler Since: 1999

July 13, 2014

You could always rely on a tablet loaded with books or stick in a paperback or two.

Author: pauline

Trips Taken: 11
Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

Traveler Since: 1999

July 13, 2014

Oldbog, that's what I do.  Unless it's an individual screen for each seat, I'm too short to see it.  So I have my Kindle and one paperback book for the times when they announce "in preparation for..."

I haven't flown Iberia since 1979, so I can't give an up-to-date report.  It was not a happy experience then, and we flew First Class.

Author: franniepat

Trips Taken: 10
Countries Visited:

Ireland, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Portugal, Costa Rica, Peru, Bolivia, Columbia, Mexico, Alaska, Canada, Western US parks.

Traveler Since: 2008

July 15, 2014

I'd like to see a trip of Northern Spain, the Basque Country, Andorra. Especially with the opportunity to walk some of the Camino Pilgrimage sections.

Author: sealionlady

Trips Taken: 13
Traveler Since: 2001

July 15, 2014

Franniepat, I'd be more than eager to sign up for a Northern Spain trip: Bilbao, along the coast to Santiago de Compostela.  Maybe a post-trip to Majorca?  

Author: gaynell

Trips Taken: 12
Traveler Since: 2005

July 15, 2014

Luvtravlin, we have flown Iberia Airlines a few times, all domestically, that is, within Spain itself.  The planes, flights, seats, etc. have been about the same as any other airline. But what has been consistent is this: All the flights we have ever taken have been at least an hour late, EVERY SINGLE TIME!  Be prepared to adjust your continuing flights or your land activities accordingly.

But once you get there, Spain is wonderful! You will have a great time there, and see so many beautiful places.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.