Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: shar

GCT Trips Taken: 2
OAT Trips Taken: 0
Traveler Since: 2010

August 25, 2011

Has anyone booked the Russia Revealed 9/8 trip at the last minute? If so, have you received your visa yet or have any idea how long it takes. Any information would be appreciated.

Author: hootie

GCT Trips Taken: 8
Countries Visited:

China, Austria, Germany, Hungary, Slovakia, Poland, Serbia, Croatia, Romania, Transylvania, Bulgaria, Chech Republic, Slavakia, Bratislava, Egypt, Israel, Cyprus, Crete, Greece, Turkey, Istanbul, Italy, England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Estonia, Russia, Tahiti & French Polynesia/Society Islands, Hawaiian Islands, Bermuda, Alaska, Costa Rica, Mexico, United States, Panama Canal, Caribbean (extensively), Canada/Nova Scotia, Canary Islands, Gibralter, Spain, Portugal, Morocco, Vatican City, France, Holland, Belgium, Tasmania, Australia, New Zealand, Ukraine, Russia.

Traveler Since: 2001

August 25, 2011

shar...russian visa

I wasn't "last minute"  but it took approx. 3 weeks to get ours from PVS.  (We received ours in July for 9/18 trip)  I think in their application form, it stated you could pay more money for a quicker turn around time.  You could also call them, I think, to check on your status. 

The phone # I have for PVS is 1-703-908-0330 but GCT gave me one that is toll free, 1-800-556-9990. 

I don't know your situation, but I hope this helps.

Have a great trip.

hootie

Author: fleetfoot

OAT Trips Taken: 2
Traveler Since: 2006

August 25, 2011

We took our Russia Revealed trip last year (August 5th, 2010).  It was a last minute discount and we booked it 17 days before departure.  We (two couples) were concerned about getting the Russian visa and our passports back on time.  GCT assured us that we should have no problem getting it on time.  GCT emailed us the visa forms which we filled out and Fedex along with our passports that day to PVS.  I called PVS to find out when we should receive our passports and visas.  PVS said I should receive them in 7 days.  We did receive them in 8 days. Everything worked out and we were so glad about receiving a large discount.  It's a great trip.

Note: Our Russian visa probably cost more for the fast turnaround (Visa $180 per person, PVS fee $50 per person, and $25 mailing).

August 26, 2011

Thank you, I'll call PVS today sinc they received our passports this past Monday.

September 02, 2011

We recieved our visa's in the 8 days and the price was just as you said ($180+$50 and $25 mailing)

Author: fleetfoot

OAT Trips Taken: 2
Traveler Since: 2006

September 02, 2011

Shar,

Now that you have your visas, enjoy your trip.  It's nice to get a last minute discount.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.