Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: danielriegel

Trips Taken: 7
Traveler Since: 2008

July 20, 2011

I have completed three tours and am scheduled for a fourth in 2012.  I would like to obtain tour pins like the Inner Circle gets for the three tours I have completed.  Are they available from GCT, or would an Inner Circle member like to provide one for me?  The three tours are China and the Yangtze River 2008, Egypt and the Nile 2010, and Russia Revealed 2011.

Author: janice!

Trips Taken: 7
Countries Visited:

many

Traveler Since: 1999

July 20, 2011

I've been on six GCT trips and have never received a pin.  I didn't even know they existed until I read about them in a previous discussion. 

Author: hootie

Trips Taken: 8
Countries Visited:

China, Austria, Germany, Hungary, Slovakia, Poland, Serbia, Croatia, Romania, Transylvania, Bulgaria, Chech Republic, Slavakia, Bratislava, Egypt, Israel, Cyprus, Crete, Greece, Turkey, Istanbul, Italy, England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Estonia, Russia, Tahiti & French Polynesia/Society Islands, Hawaiian Islands, Bermuda, Alaska, Costa Rica, Mexico, United States, Panama Canal, Caribbean (extensively), Canada/Nova Scotia, Canary Islands, Gibralter, Spain, Portugal, Morocco, Vatican City, France, Holland, Belgium, Tasmania, Australia, New Zealand, Ukraine, Russia.

Traveler Since: 2001

July 20, 2011

PINS...

The program director gives them out, IF they have them.  We have been on trips where they weren't handed out, were, and only 1 per couple because they didn't have enough.  You never know.  (I'm not sure if they give them to 1st timers.)

It seems to me, GC & the PD know how many travelers they have on every trip so there should be enough pins for everyone.  Alot of people like to collect them.

I suggest you call GC.  The traveler counselors may be able to tell you who to contact.  You can try an email to Harriet on GC website "Harriet's Corner" or GC's moderator for this forum may see your request and contact you.

Good luck.

Author: pauline

Trips Taken: 11
Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

Traveler Since: 1999

July 20, 2011

I was curious and looked at the only pin I remember ever receiving.  It was for the Russia Revealed in 2010.  And it does say in a tiny circle "Inner Circle."

Author: jayge

Trips Taken: 10
Traveler Since: 2004

July 20, 2011

We have completed seven river cruises and received pins from each one except the Seine River.  I have called and ask GCT for them and they said they did not have any.

Author: grammyflo

Trips Taken: 13
Traveler Since: 2002

July 21, 2011

My husband and I each received one after our trip in Dec 2010. Altho we were evacuated after just one week in February from Egypt, they sent one for each of us also. We consider it our "Purple Heart". :D

Author: captainlarry

July 21, 2011

I believe I have received a pin on three of my eight GCT tours. It is not an important thing to me. However, I know that the first pin I received was on my second GCT tour, before we became Inner Circle members. I still have the pins, somewhere, but I have never worn them and probably never will.

Author: suepoor1234

Countries Visited:

All the states except Hawaii; east and west Canada, all of Western Europe(except Iceland and Greenland); the Baltics and Scandanavia; Belarus, Poland, Ukraine; Russia; Turkey, Jordan and Israel; China, Mongolia, and Tibet; Egypt, Morocco, Tanzania; Mexico, Costa Rica, Guatamala, El Salvador; Ecuador, Galapagos Islands, Peru, Argentina; Australia and New Zealand; Antarctica.

Traveler Since: 2007

July 21, 2011

Hi, CaptainLarry and others who have travel pins:  How about listing the pins you have that you want to get rid of.  We can contact you and send postage to have you mail those pins we would like.  You get shunt of something you really don't want and we acquire something we would like.  Winners all around.  Thanks.

Author: captainlarry

July 21, 2011

I will remember to do that when I can find the pins. I have most of the furnishings and contents of my office in temporary storage while the room is being remodeled. So I don't want to take the time to search for the pins at this time. Within the next month I should be reconstituting my office at which time i will once again have a rational filing system. About the 1st of September I should be able to tell you which pins I have and would be willing to part with.

Author: grammyflo

Trips Taken: 13

July 22, 2011

captainlarry: Sounds like you are doing your own 'cut, cap and balance'.  ;D

Author: suepoor1234

Countries Visited:

All the states except Hawaii; east and west Canada, all of Western Europe(except Iceland and Greenland); the Baltics and Scandanavia; Belarus, Poland, Ukraine; Russia; Turkey, Jordan and Israel; China, Mongolia, and Tibet; Egypt, Morocco, Tanzania; Mexico, Costa Rica, Guatamala, El Salvador; Ecuador, Galapagos Islands, Peru, Argentina; Australia and New Zealand; Antarctica.

Traveler Since: 2007

July 22, 2011

That may be the germ of a terrific idea:  How about we pass around items that we use only for one trip?  Like the cold weather gear for folks who live in Florida and will never use a snow suit again??  We could have our own little "yard sale" forum to swap, exchange, trade, whatever you want to call it and clean out our "travel closets and drawers".  It would save on storage and free up closet and drawer space. 

I have about a dozen of those neat little business class flight packets and travel wallets.  Too good to throw away.  We have an international conference for our regional junior colleges here and I usually give them as prizes.  Kids seem to like them.  Some have zippers, some snaps, some velcro, etc.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.