Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: luisa

Trips Taken: 8
Countries Visited:

Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Canada, Mexico, Spain, France, Monoco, Croatia, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Morocco, Chile, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji

Traveler Since: 2006

November 21, 2011

I wouldn't worry about Delta either, I don't think their safety record is any worse than other airlines.

On my last trip I booked my own flights because of the routing (was able to fly non-stop from Dublin to Atlanta) and lack of aisle seats. Of course, GCT books the lowest fares and sometimes the connections are inconvenient. I did have to fly from Atlanta to JFK to Shannon and we spent a  couple of hours on the ground waiting to take off and then waiting for a gate in New York -- but that could happen on any airline.

I've been flying Delta for years without problems, can't count the number of flights, but my complaint now is that most flights are full and the seats are crammed together. For that reason I paid for Economy Comfort and was very happy that I did. People nearby could hardly get into their seats. One woman's leg was pressed against the emergency door and they moved her to a middle seat, the only other seat available in economy.

If either you or your mother are tall, I recommend booking Economy Comfort, otherwise you'll probably be all right. E.C. seats are limited -- all were taken on my flights, so you would need to do it early.

Author: kyran

Trips Taken: 2
Traveler Since: 2010

November 21, 2011

Thank you all for your replies.  I feel much better now.  We have booked Economy Comfort through Delta.  We made our own travel arrangements, as we wanted to see some of Brussels prior to going on to Bruges for our pretrip.  Can't wait.  I have Fibromyalgia, and have a hard time getting up and going after sitting for so long, so we did get me a wheelchair for the change in planes so we will be sure to make connections.  We will be flying our of San Antonio to Atlanta and then on to Brussels....woo hoo.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.