Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: martycooper

Trips Taken: 0

June 21, 2011

Why? They told my husband it was due to not enough people had signed up and the boat wasn't full. Someone else said it was due to the political unrest and so many people had canceled. I had checked about a week ago out of curiosity on the web site and everything was sold out for the remanider of the year!  Now not only is everything canceled for the remainder of this year but for 2012, as well. I'm very disappointed. Nothing has been posted on GCT about the trips being canceled.

Author: nancyf

Countries Visited:

43 of the 50 United States, including Hawaii and Alaska, England , France , Italy , Spain, Germany, Netherlands, Africa (Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe. South Africa), Israel, Canada, the Carribbean, Peru, going to Egypt & Jordan in February 2011 ( canceled due to the unrest there, but I will take this trip later!), China, Russia, Kenya, Turkey, Greece, Malta, Sicily.

Traveler Since: 2007

June 24, 2011

So, are you saying that no Egypt trips will be offered in 2012?

My friend and I had been scheduled to leave on Feb. 5, this year, for that trip, and of course it was cancelled with all of the unrest. We had thought that we would reschedule and try to go in 2012, but we have noticed that no trips have been posted for 2012 and were wondering why. Guess we will "give up" and go somewhere else. Maybe someday GCT will return to Egypt....??

Author: martycooper

Trips Taken: 0

June 24, 2011

I was told today that OAT will run trips for 2012 but GCT will re-elavuate later for 2012. As of now there will be no trips w/GCT for even 2012. So many people have canceled that even though theyown the ship it is not worth having it 1/4 full. I suggested combining some of the trips and have one run in the winter, the spriing, the summer, and the fall.  That way people who still wanted to go could possibly schedule a trip for their choice time of  year.There were six of us going and I looked into the OAT trip but thought it might be too strenuous for some.

We have asked for a refund :(

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.