Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: cgruber

GCT Trips Taken: 1
OAT Trips Taken: 5
Traveler Since: 2005

June 20, 2011

I am scheduled to take the Morocco Sahara Odyssey trip in October of this year.  I am considering taking the post trip extension to Marrakech as well, but would like to know if I could see almost the same things by taking the base trip, or if taking the post would also be beneficial.  I am really interested in hearing from people that have taken this trip.  Thank you all very much for your time and feedback!

Author: gaynell

GCT Trips Taken: 4
OAT Trips Taken: 8
Traveler Since: 2005

June 20, 2011

You might also consider the extension to Essaouira.  We took this trip in the fall of 2009, when that was a pre-trip add on. Seeing the communities along the seashore made an interesting contrast to the inland, desert portion of our trip. We loved Essaouira, with its old fort, good food, broad beach, and interesting history.  For us, these few slower days of touring gave us a chance to get over our jet lag and to relax before the more strenuous desert travel. At the end of a trip, as it is offered now, I think it would be a delightful ending to the Morocco trip, and you would enjoy the sea and the breezes after all the heat and sand!

Author: luisa

GCT Trips Taken: 6
OAT Trips Taken: 2
Countries Visited:

Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Canada, Mexico, Spain, France, Monoco, Croatia, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Morocco, Chile, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji. Ireland

Traveler Since: 2006

June 21, 2011

Morocco is an OAT trip so you might get more answers if you post on the OAT web site.

Morocco was my first trip and I loved it. However, I don't see any need to spend more time in Marrakesh than on the main trip. If Essaouira is an option, I would take that instead.

I hope you enjoy Morocco as much as I did.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.