Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: mewslp

Trips Taken: 14
Traveler Since: 2002

May 15, 2011

We're excited to be traveling on the Sept 3 sailing from Hamburg to Prague and have been eagerly awaiting a traveler review.  Anyone on the first trip ready to report?? 

Author: lizperk

Trips Taken: 10
Traveler Since: 2005

May 15, 2011

We are going on the June 11th trip and would love some feedback also.  When we return we will try to post something but in the meantime would love to hear from someone that has been already!

Author: uofmich77

Trips Taken: 6

June 26, 2011

We're going on the July 6 trip Hamburg to Prague with pre-trip in Amsterdam and post-trip in Munich. Would love to know the merit of optional tours etc.

Author: ljp3767

Trips Taken: 5
Traveler Since: 2002

July 15, 2011

We are on the Prague to Hamburg Elbe River Cruise October 22-Nov 3 and wanting to meet anyone also going on this trip.

Barbara and Lesley

Author: rdemotta

Trips Taken: 4
Traveler Since: 2011

September 16, 2011

Anyone able to give feedback or advice for the Elbe river cruise for first timers??

Author: sas49

Trips Taken: 13
Traveler Since: 2010

September 16, 2011

We just got back from our Elbe River Cruise and Poland extension last week.  I kept a blog of our wonderful trip; so if you would like to see pictures and commentary go to:  http://sheila-elbe.blogspot.com/

Author: jayge

Trips Taken: 11
Traveler Since: 2004

September 16, 2011

Sorry for the two I had to delete.  I was trying to comment on the wonderful blog and was having trouble so I am back to my regular computer.

The fantastic blog done by one of our travelers on the Elbe trip and Poland was truly a masterpiece.  Don't miss it.

Thank you for all your work as it was greatly appreciated.  I learned some history which I never knew about those places and the pictures were superb!

Author: hughdubb

Trips Taken: 13
Traveler Since: 2000

September 20, 2011

As asked I am posting our opinion on the Elbe river trip we took from Prague to Hamburg in early August.  We had been concerned about the 120 sq. ft. of cabin space but the improved design -especially the shower stall- was a pleasant surprise and there was plenty of room.  The food was uniformly excellent on board and the crew both efficient and friendly.  If we had had the time available we would have gone early to Prague.  The short time there with the trip was not sufficient for this fine city.

We were not pleased with the side trip to Berlin -too much time on the bus and nowhere near enough in Berlin itself.  We would have much preferred visiting Leipzig instead where Bach composed and performed many of his works.

The Elbe is not developed along the river bank much north of Dresden so do not expect the castles you see along the Rhein.  However the small cities you visit near the river are interesting and provide an educational comparison with the non former DDR portion of Germany.  Take good walking shoes as these cities generally have mostly cobblestone streets.  The abundance of clean energy windmills and solar cells is impressive.

We were very lucky when we were in Hamburg in that there was a special art exhibition in town of the works of the English artist J. M. W. Turner a special favorite of mine.  A hint for this and other trips is to always check on cultural events before or when you arrive in a city.

Author: uofmich77

Trips Taken: 6

September 20, 2011

Try checking the traveler reviews at the side of the screen when you click on the trip and maybe dates and prices. I know they're there because I posted one awhile back. By the way, if you need to watch the salt in your diet better let the staff know that because the food is often extremely salty.

Author: lyn

Trips Taken: 10
Traveler Since: 2004

September 21, 2011

Thank you so much, sas49, for your wonderful blog of your Elbe River Cruise.  My husband and I are set to go on that trip on April 4, 2012.We have been on 7 GCT trips and 6 of those trips were river cruises.  I have been reading all of the reviews of this trip and some of them are quite negative.  I am concerned about the recent reviews telling of illness onboard among passengers and crew!  Reading your blog has given us some hope that this will be a good trip.  Perhaps by spring 2012 they will have worked all of the "bugs" out of this new trip.  We are also doing the post trip to Poland.  All of the cities on the itinerary are new for us and we are looking forward to a good trip.  We will stay positive!

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.