Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: connecticut

GCT Trips Taken: 4
OAT Trips Taken: 0
Traveler Since: 2009

April 22, 2011

Anyone else on this cruise?  The weather in Moscow is warmer than Connecticut today.  Turtleneck sweaters or knit shirts? 

Barbara in Connecticut

Author: jayge

GCT Trips Taken: 12
Traveler Since: 2004

April 22, 2011

Great trip!  We might take it again sometime.  We went in June two summers ago and we had lots of use from our Grand Circle rain jackets with hoods.  We have both the green one and the beige; the beige is a little longer and larger for the weather we encountered.  The hood was a welcome addition.

Yes, we did have some chilly and showery weather on some days but it did not detract from our enjoyment of the trip.  We especially enjoyed all the "optional" things to do (read my other emails) for more details.

The food was exceptional on the Russian ship; all GCT ships have good food but it was even better on the Russian ship.  The crew was really caring too!

Have yourselves the trip of a lifetime!

Jayge

Author: pauline

GCT Trips Taken: 11
Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

Traveler Since: 1999

April 22, 2011

I took the trip last August, and up until the time we left home and for a few days after we got there, the weather was very very hot.  Dangerously so.  And then it suddenly all cooled down to normal, and they had the first rain in two months.

So don't go by what it is now.  Be prepared for any eventuality. 

Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

April 23, 2011

Sorry.  It took me into a Yahoo sign-up page.

April 23, 2011

Dear Pauline,

Try this..............Copy and paste the following onto a search line (not in Grand Circle) but your regular Yahoo or whatever you use to search for things.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Moscu_~_{_canta_Helmut__(graham).pps

You will then see a long list of countries.  Go to:

Russia - Moscow Cityscapes where you will see:

Moscu____ canta__helmut___graham.pps

Click "download" and the video will come up.

Let me know if it works and if it does not, I will provide my email to you and send it .

I think it is quite beautiful and I have saved it in my online file and play it about once a week.  It reminds me of the wonderful trip to Russia.

Jayge

P.S. If others want to try this, please do so.  It is worthwhile.

Countries Visited:

April 24, 2011

Yes, that worked.  It's a great film.  "Moscow: the City that Never Sleeps."  Many years ago, I went to a Russian manicurist who told me that the salon where she worked in Moscow was open 24 hours.

Author: nancyf

GCT Trips Taken: 5
OAT Trips Taken: 2
Countries Visited:

43 of the 50 United States, including Hawaii and Alaska, England , France , Italy , Spain, Germany, Netherlands, Africa (Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe. South Africa), Israel, Canada, the Carribbean, Peru, going to Egypt & Jordan in February 2011 ( canceled due to the unrest there, but I will take this trip later!), China, Russia, Kenya, Turkey, Greece, Malta, Sicily.

Traveler Since: 2007

April 26, 2011

@jayge:  I am going on the Russia Revealed trip in October, and I tried what you said about copy and paste. For some reason I cannot get it to link up. Would you mind sending it to me in an email? I would appreciate it!!  Thanks!

ferguson6649@yahoo.com

April 26, 2011

Dear Nancy,

I have sent the Russian video to your email just now on 4/26/2011 at 3:40 p.m.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I.

You are in for a real treat on the Russian trip; we enjoyed the "optionals" very much too!

Jayge

Author: golfski

GCT Trips Taken: 6
OAT Trips Taken: 5
Traveler Since: 2006

April 30, 2011

We'll be on this trip. Expecting weather to be just like home in the Portland Maine area.  Layers should be the dress of the day with occasional need for a light windbreaker/raincoat.  Relatives took this trip three years ago and had a great time. The trip appears to have been improved since then as well.

Elaine & Steve

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.