Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: marksie1

Traveler Since: 1999

April 07, 2011

We have just returned from two wonderful weeks in Egypt. I have never felt so cossetted in my life. The staff, the security, the hotels, the people on the street, every restaurant, every shop were all  greatful for our decision to trust our safety to them and let them show us the treasures that though situated  in their country are part of our world heritage.

Our PD Ayman Amin was a superb representative both for OAT and his country. I don't know if there were any difficulties behind the scenes but our travel was seamless, everything was done for our comfort and education.  We learned so much that was not in the headlines and feel so much better informed.  This is a country working to make its revolution a reality on the street and in the pockets of its citizens.Their aspirations are those of most of us, a decent job, home, education for the kids and a place in the world community at oeace with its neighbors.

If you have trepidations (as I did) I really think you can put them aside.  OAT and Grand Circle are extremely prudent with the care of their travelers and it was very much in evidence on this trip.  We are so happy that we went ahead with this trip 19 with the company and encourage you to do the same.

We'd be pleased to answer any specific questions.  Cynthia and Harvey Atkins

Author: hawkeye62

Traveler Since: 2006

April 07, 2011

We've been to Egypt 4 times and are returning again this month for our 5th visit. That the Egyptian people are friendly and gracious is nothing new. This has always been our experience and one of the main reasons we so enjoy visiting there. We have made many friends.

Author: renee001

Traveler Since: 2011

April 08, 2011

I am enjoying reading all of your post trip comments.  My husband and I will be on the May 7th Egypt trip (our first ever overseas trip) and I can't wait to go.  I look forward to having a trip of a lifetime and waving our "Steeler Terrible Towels" on camels in front of the pyramids.  Thanks again for easing any remaining uncertainties.

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.