Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: fleetfoot

GCT Trips Taken: 8
OAT Trips Taken: 2
Traveler Since: 2006

March 10, 2010

Our next trip with GCT or OAT will probably be to Australia and New Zealand.  We are trying to determine the best time to visit these two countries.  It appears Spring an Fall are the seasons to go but which one is better?  We prefer the least precipitation.  What is the best month to visit?

Author: sunshine500

GCT Trips Taken: 7
OAT Trips Taken: 4
Traveler Since: 2007

March 12, 2010

I did this trip plus Fiji.  I left on Oct 26, 2008.  It was a perfect time to go.  Also you might check a great website called BestTimeToGo.com

Author: ginnybug

March 14, 2010

We were there most of the month of December 08 and had great weather both in terms of temperature and rain.  We also did the Fiji extension and had great swimming weather- warm and sunny.

Author: luisa

GCT Trips Taken: 6
Countries Visited:

Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Canada, Mexico, Spain, France, Monoco, Croatia, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Morocco, Chile, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji. Ireland

Traveler Since: 2006

March 14, 2010

I posted a reply to this question on the OAT site.

I took the GCT trip in April and had good weather; warm in Cairns but comfortable the rest of the trip, with only one morning of rain in Queenstown, N.Z. 

It's a great trip, I loved it all and thought Fiji was a perfect way to end the tour. In addition to  the heavenly Shangra La Resort, the return flight  to LAX was shorter than going to Aus.

Author: janelehr

GCT Trips Taken: 20
OAT Trips Taken: 10
Countries Visited:

As a Navy wife, I lived in Japan. With GCT and OAT, I have taken 21 trips and visited all the continents. Every trip becomes a favorite, but very high on my list are Antarctica, Africa (Cape to Cairo), Turkey, Russia, Peru, Guatemala, Italy, France, and Ireland.

Traveler Since: 2005

March 15, 2010

I went in mid-June of '09, winter Down Under, and had near-perfect weather. Hard to believe it was winter when we strolled through beautiful botanic gardens, often wore short sleeves, and snorkled comfortably on the Great Barrier Reef. GCT's fleece jacket and raincoat, plus a fleece hat, kept me warm in New Zealand. And, there are great woolens to purchase there! The Outback was breathtaking with the bluest clear skies I have seen anywhere (and I never saw a fly!). Fiji is a tropical paradise, so pack layered clothing.

Author: djoan

GCT Trips Taken: 2
Traveler Since: 2008

April 11, 2010

Hi, I'm leaving (solo) on GCT - Aus, NZ and Fiji, on May2.  Hope it's a good time to go?  But, what to pack with such small suitcase restrictions?  Any help?  Like what absolutely not to forget and what must be included?  Any other solo on this trip?  I tied to figure out how to start another topic; but, couldn't get the hang of how this works.  Any help? 

Thanks,  DJoan

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.