Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: rimastarr

GCT Trips Taken: 1
OAT Trips Taken: 0
Traveler Since: 2011

February 09, 2011

This is our first GCT Riverboat Cruise;  We're very excited to be going to Holland & Belguim, but are a little concerned about being bored during the evenings??? Is anyone else going on that April 30th cruise?

Author: pauline

GCT Trips Taken: 11
Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

Traveler Since: 1999

February 10, 2011

Why would you take a trip expecting to be bored?  It's been several years since I was on the Holland and Belgium in the Springtime river cruise, but I do remember some evening events that were part of the Discovery Series.  And there are other people to meet and sit with and play cards or whatever.

Author: kyran

GCT Trips Taken: 2
Traveler Since: 2010

October 29, 2011

My Mom and I are going on the April 15 Holland and Belgium Springtime 2012.  I have been on one other GCT river cruise and this will be my mom's 6th.  I don't think boredom will be a problem at all, there are several things to do, besides the scenery will be beautiful on the riverbanks I am sure.  Enjoy.

Author: pauline

GCT Trips Taken: 11
Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

Traveler Since: 1999

October 29, 2011

I took this trip in 2004 or 2005 and enjoyed it immensly.  At that time, I still had a house and I got carried away at Keukenhof.  The trip is slightly different now, but they more or less dumped us there for part of the day and let us wander around on our own.  My friend and I went from garden to garden absolutely enthralled by the beauty of all the flowers.  We each ended up ordering enormous selections of bulbs to be delivered at the appropriate times to us.  We also had lunch at an outside restaurant and had the wonderful pancakes that Holland is known for.

Two years later, my city decided to put in sidewalks on my street and I lost several yards of my front garden, including a lot of those flowers.

Enjoy the trip.  It's one of my fondest memories.

Author: grammyflo

GCT Trips Taken: 13
Traveler Since: 2002

October 30, 2011

We, too, went on this wonderful trip in 04 or 05 just when the flowers had a few days left because of an early spring rainy season. Still, we got to see fields of color and the wonderful Kuekenhof.

Yes, beware of this place, because it will enthrall you so much you will be tempted to buy bulbs of flowers you dont even have room for!  They are masters of display.

If you get bored on any trip, you certainly are not trying!! There is almost one more thing and/or place to see.  You can do as much or as little as you want on these river trips. This was one of our favorite relaxing trips.  Heck, they all were!!!!!

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.