Travel Forum

Our Travel Forum was created to provide you with the opportunity to connect with other travelers who share your passion for travel. Sign into "My Account" and you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. Not yet registered? It’s simple to create an account, membership is free, and it only takes a moment to join. Once you do, you’ll be able to write reviews, share your travel experiences, and post questions for other travelers. If you have a specific customer service or quality assurance question, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814. We value the contributions of our travelers. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for participation before you begin.

Author: nanaandpapa

Trips Taken: 15
Countries Visited:

Aruba, Austria, Australia, Bermuda, Belgium, Botswana, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Rep., Egypt, England, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, South Africa, Spain, St. Marten (fr), St. Martin (nd), Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, USA, Vatican, Zimbabwe

Traveler Since: 2002

December 23, 2013

Andrew,

It seeme that the problem version of the web site may have left behind some problems on the PC's in cookies. It may be neccessary to delete all GCT and OATTRAVEL cookies to totally resolve the problems. On those browsers that do not supply a tool to delete cookies, such as on some android broswers, the easiest solution may be to uninstall the browser and reinstall it.

Author: janice!

Trips Taken: 7
Countries Visited:

many

Traveler Since: 1999

December 23, 2013

As described in an earlier post, I installed Chrome on my iPad on Saturday and encountered the same problems as others have experienced in both the GCT and OAT websites. I assume this was after the IT team had supposedly fixed the problem  Yesterday afternoon, I opened Chrome settings, deleted all browsing data and then both websites were back to normal. When I checked both forums using IE10 on my Win8 PC this morning, I got the problems in OAT but not GCT. Deleting temp files and history did not help but also deleting cookies did. I recommend that other posters try this procedure as a workaround until the problems are fixed. If you do, please report your results here.

Andrew, the IT team may contact me via email using the address in my account if they would like input from me to help diagnose the problems.

Author: franniepat

Trips Taken: 9
Countries Visited:

Ireland, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Portugal, Costa Rica, Peru, Bolivia, Columbia, Mexico, Alaska, Canada, Western US parks.

Traveler Since: 2008

December 29, 2013

Still looking weird and not showing any pictures for me with Windows XP and Firefox, but I can post without a problem, but not upload any pictures on my profile. Hope this can be fixed.

Author: pauline

Trips Taken: 11
Countries Visited:

England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Canada, Russia, Ukraine

December 29, 2013

Frannie, if I use Windows 7 and Firefox it looks that way.  So I downloaded Chrome and I'm using that only for GCT/OAT.  It's a nuisance to switch back and forth, but for the time being it works.  

What would really work would be a major overhaul with everything updated, instead of these little fixes and patches.

Author: luvtravelin

Trips Taken: 20
Traveler Since: 2001

December 29, 2013

Like Pauline I've had to install Chrome to see the OAT and GCT websites, in a normal view.

On Windows the entire website is huge and no pictures appear next to posters names.  How long is it going to take to repair the websites?

We are attending a customer appreciation event on 1/14/14 and I plan on bringing this topic up, and maybe receiving some positive feed back.  Who knows????

Countries Visited:

many

December 29, 2013

Cross your fingers that the problem does not occur in Chrome on your computer. I first saw the problem in IE10 so I installed Chrome. Later I was able to get around the problem in IE10 by deleting all browsing data and have only used Chrome occasionally. Now I just discovered that the problem is occurring in Chrome and clearing website data did not resolve it. On my iPad, I had the problem when I first installed Chrome and was able to resolve it by clearing website data. Last Friday, the problem showed up in Safari on my iPad and removing website data did not resolve it.

In the most recent post from the forum moderator, he said that the IT team had fixed the problem for some browsers. I doubt that their "fix" did anything to resolve the problem.

Countries Visited:

Aruba, Austria, Australia, Bermuda, Belgium, Botswana, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Rep., Egypt, England, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, South Africa, Spain, St. Marten (fr), St. Martin (nd), Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, USA, Vatican, Zimbabwe

December 29, 2013

janice_,

I encountered it a couple of hours ago on OAT and chrome, when I had to restart my system. Note the 'legacy' in the URL. I tried clearing the cookies in Chrome and deleting and reinstalling Chrome, both of which wokrd in the past. They did not work this time.

https://www.gct.com/legacy/community/travel-forum.aspx?g=postmessage&t=4789&f=122

I posted this on OAT already.

They are apparently changing something, as i had been running Chrome without ny problems for at least a week,

Jack

Countries Visited:

December 29, 2013

On chrome on android, everything seems as before, but on windows with chrome, I get inconsistant results. If I have time tomorrow, I will try to be more specific.

Sent from my Nexus Android.

Countries Visited:

many

December 29, 2013

One thing I learned during many years of debugging software is that a problem is not necessarily caused by a change. Sometimes, intermittent events can trigger bugs in programs.

Author: halfpint

Trips Taken: 27
Traveler Since: 1989

December 30, 2013

I am of the opinion that like with OBAMA CARE, we may be stuck with this NEW and IMPROVED version with GCT, rather than back to what was working and we were familiar with.

Author: halfpint

Trips Taken: 27
Traveler Since: 1989

December 30, 2013

Oh my goodness, I just noticed it says I have just joined, actually according to their records,I  joined in 1989 and have taken 27 trips so far.  More than SOMETHING is haywire!!!!!!!!!   27 TRIPS that is.  About time for a FREEBEE,. however I had better not hold my breath.

Author: grandcircle

Trips Taken: 0

December 30, 2013

Hello Everyone -

We apologize for the experiences you are having with our website.  We are working diligently on researching and resolving issues as they are being identified and releasing fixes on a weekly basis.

If you are having specific issues with our site, we encourage you to send an email to website@gct.com.  All emails will be reviewed and either responded to if we can offer a quick fix or logged for continued investigation

We appreciate your patience and look forward to partnering with you to make our sites a great place to visit.

Kind Regards,

Andrew

GCT/GCCL Forum Moderator

January 07, 2014

Hello All -

In the coming weeks, I will be assisting the Forum Moderation Team around web issues. Going forward, I will be posting updates on our website as we work to improve the experience you're currently having.

Here are some updates on the items you've mentioned in the forum:

1. Date Traveled in the OAT Traveler Reviews: We are currently working with our vendor on restoring the date traveled.  At this time, our vendor is looking to have this fixed by Thursday, January 23, 2014.  Should this date change, we will update you.

2. Display Issues (font sizes, etc.): We are working on the most prevalent issues and we are looking to have most of these resolved by Friday, January 10, 2014.  As part of our UAT (User Acceptance Testing) process we have tested the following browsers and version numbers based on the most popular browsers that our customers use.  When you submit your issues to website@gct.com or website@oattravel.com, please include your browser, version number and whether you access our site from a saved bookmark. We can then help understand your specific issue and respond accordingly.   
    Browser Version
    IE        8, 9, 10   
    Safari Desktop    6
    Safari iPad    6 (will move to 7)
    Firefox        26
    Chrome        30

3. Forum User ID issues (no photos, incorrect history, "extranet" notation, etc.): We are looking to have all the correct user information & history restored to your profiles by Friday, January 10, 2014.

4. Issues sent to website@gct.com: I have been logging these issues & personally reaching out to some of you. Our Web Team is diagnosing these issues & prioritizing them for resolution.

As we move forward, I will also be providing updates to your functionality concerns.

Kind Regards,
Michelle
Web Community Manager (Former Moderator)

Author: suepoor1234

January 07, 2014

I do not know what is going on with this website redesign, but it is worse (at least for me) on the OAT site.  I am pretty disgusted.  There is no way to access the "Community" segments (including the Forum) for me on that site and to access anything but "Find Your Adventure" I have to scroll to the very bottom for the list of items on the site.  The pictures on the opening page that change spin by so fast that I become sick, so I have to quickly scroll down and avoid that part of the page.  The red print against the red and other colored backgrounds make reading it impossible. I spoke with Wendy yesterday and she worked diligently for about an hour to try to get it to work correctly.  No dice. 

I used to read the forum and check on the Last Minute Deals at least once a day.  And I use the website to book trips.  If I can't do that, there is no reason to use the website; hence, a loss of business for OAT.GCT.  AND, any of you who were on the Panel who were asked for suggestions to improve the website, have any of your suggestions been incorporated?  None of mine were.  Why did we bother?  If they can't fix these sites (and it looks more and more like they can't), why not go back to the old website UNTIL a new site is really ready? 

Countries Visited:

January 07, 2014

I access the GCT web sites both on my Dell laptop using Window 7 Home Premium and my Nexus 7 running Android 4.4.2.

I also have several browsers on each. My primary access is via Chrome on the Windows laptop, but, when I have problems, I may use one or more of the others.

On Window 7, I run IE 11, Safari 5,  Firefox 26, Chrome 31, & Opera 18 and on the Nexus, I run Firefox 26, Chrome 31, Opera 18 and Dolphin 10.

I believe both of the OSs and all of the browsers are completely up to date.

I have been encountering various problems with the web sites over the last month or so with the different browsers including:

Failure to pick up user name from the cookies

Getting logged on as a part of the Household Group

Timeouts of login once logged in.

Inability to display Air Itinerary in My Account

Poor font colors in the forums, making it difficult to read.

No pictures displayed from the profiles in the forum.

Over the next couple of days, I will try to test each of these functions on all of the OS/browser combinations and will document the results, including screen shots and URLs where meaningful and practical. I will possibly encounter other issues, which I will try to test in all of the environments.

If this will not be useful, please let me know, so i can save the effort.

I was to be part of the focus group testing the new release, but was unable to connect to the test version from home. I have 30 years of experience in software development and support.

Jack Donoghue, logon ID to GCT/OAT, nanaandpapa.

PS The gct  and OATTravel website Email addresses did not work. 

Countries Visited:

many

January 07, 2014

Jack, are website@gct.com and website@oattravel.com the email addresses which don't work for you?

Also, I would like to know if you have screenshots of the old, familiar websites. If so, do they show a row of photos across the pages near the top?

January 07, 2014

Hello Everybody -

Thank you for your posts and your patience.

Travelann, are you still having issues trying to post a review? If so, please reach out to me at website@gct.com.

Nanaandpapa, I just tested both website@oattravel.com & website@gct.com and they are working.  If you like to send something in, please send it to gctforummoderator@gct.com.  However, we plan on reaching out to you this week. You may want to wait until you hear from us before you do any additional testing on your own.

Suepoor, we also will be reaching out to you about the experience you are having.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

Web Community Manager

Author: captainlarry

Trips Taken: 10

January 08, 2014
There's an old adage that goes, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" A corollary to that might be, "If it ain't fixable, don't break it!"

Author: travelann

Trips Taken: 6
Traveler Since: 2010

January 08, 2014

My review finally posted approx. 5 days later. Now, for the last week or so the fonts and colors in this forum make it sooo hard to read . It looks like they are trying to resolve this issue. The funny thing is that I don't have this issue with my IPAD; only my laptop.

January 08, 2014

Hello -

Thank you for posting about the font color issue.  Would you be able to email me at website@gct.com with a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Kind Regards,

Michelle

Web Community Manager

You cannot Post or Reply, please sign in

Rules of Use:
Be Relevant

Please stick to the topic of travel when posting in our Forum. Stay on the relevant topic and do not disrupt a discussion in progress. If you have a specific customer service question or issue, please contact our Traveler Support Team by calling 1-800-221-0814.

Be Respectful

Use of any inappropriate language, personal attacks, and hate speech are not permitted. Respect others’ opinions and suggestions.

Be Mindful of Privacy Issues

Please do not post the personal information of other members (full names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc).

Help us help you

Please click on the ‘Report Abuse’ button if you see an inappropriate posting.