Grand Circle and OAT Announce Top 10 Solo Traveler Savings and Benefits for 2012
BOSTON, MA (November 10, 2011)— Alan E. Lewis, Chairman and CEO of Grand Circle Corporation, whose travel brands Overseas Adventure Travel (OAT) and Grand Circle Travel (GCT) provide international vacations to Americans age 50+, today announced the company’s top 10 greatest savings and benefit enhancements for solo travelers in 2012, the vast majority of whom are women.
“In the past two years, 140,000 women have traveled with us and of these, about 48,000 booked as solos, either traveling on their own or with female friends,” said Lewis. “More and more women are choosing to travel this way because it allows them to pursue exactly what they want during a trip without having to consider a spouse or partner. To better serve our women travelers in 2012, we are offering reduced or free single supplements, allocating more single space, and providing a whole range of enhanced services. We are totally committed to being the world’s leading tour operator for American women 50 and older.”
Top 10 Solo Savings and Benefits Offered by OAT and Grand Circle Travel for 2012:
- Free or Reduced Single Supplements on All OAT Small Ship Adventures in 2012. While six small ship adventures now offer free single supplements in 2012 for savings up to $1295 over 2011, six other small ship adventures have reduced their single supplements fees for savings of $550-$900.
- Free Single Supplements on ALL OAT Land Adventures and ALL pre-and post trip extensions.
- Reduced Single Supplements on All Grand Circle 2012 European river cruise vacations for solo savings of $400-$800 over 2011.
- Free Single Supplements on Grand Circle’s China & the Yangtze River cruise through 2012—a savings of $895 over 2011.
- Increased Single Space Allotment on every 2012 departure.
- OAT Land Lowest Price Guarantee—if a traveler (solo or couple) books a trip that is later reduced in price, OAT will automatically refund the difference.
- Solo Price Guarantee-If a solo traveler finds a lower price for any comparable international trip for solo American travelers, OAT or GCT will match that price and also deduct $500 from the cost of the trip.
- Free Matching Roommate Service: OAT or GCT will try to find solos an appropriate roommate match; if one cannot be found, the solo traveler’s single supplement fee is waived. OAT and GCT also offer a free, online Travel Companion Program that enables solo travelers to find like-minded travel companions and/or roommates.
- Free 101 Tips for Women Travelers: 126-page travel tips booklet geared to women and free upon request (800-221-2610)
- Online Information for Women Travelers: OAT (www.oattravel.com) and GCT (www.gct.com) offer Harriet’s Corner, a women-oriented travel section on their web sites named after Harriet Lewis, avid traveler and co-chair of Grand Circle Corporation. The site contains personal stories, information for women travelers, photos, anecdotes, and travel tips.
For more information about Grand Circle’s solo friendly benefits, visit http://www.gct.com/Ways-to-Save/Solo-Traveler.aspx. For information about OAT’s solo friendly programs, please visit http://www.oattravel.com/Ways-to-Save/Solo-Traveler.aspx.
About Grand Circle Corporation
Established in 1958, Grand Circle is the leader in international travel, adventure, and discovery for Americans aged 50 and older. Headquartered in Boston, Mass., the company has more than 30 offices throughout Asia, the South Pacific, Europe, the Americas, and Africa. Through its travel brands Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel, the company offers a wide range of river cruises, small ship excursions, extended stay vacations, escorted tours, and adventure programs. Grand Circle Foundation, its charitable arm, has donated or pledged more than $50 million to educational, humanitarian and cultural organizations since 1992.