The demise of Classic Costa del Sol has been lamented in a number of threads, so I won't flog the deceased equine. But I do have a suggestion to make and that is why this thread is in this forum.
At 70 years of age my First Mate and I are no longer the youngest tourists on our GCT tours. But we still bring the average age down. And we are in reasonably good health, although my walking ability is deteriorating gradually. The pace of our recent GCT tours is such that we can "keep up", but it is getting harder. I realize that we do not have to do every thing included in the tour, and we certainly don't have to take the optionals. But I feel, and I think many others share the feeling, that I have paid for a tour and I need to "get my money's worth."
I would like to see GCT resurrect an extended stay vacation package. I don't much care where it is as long as it meets the following criteria:
1. The area must be relatively safe (I know absolute safety cannot be assured)
2. The area must have something of interest that can be enjoyed independently
3. The accommodations must be clean and comfortable but do not need to be plush
4. The available dining opportunities must be reasonably good and relatively inexpensive
5. There must be a hospitality desk or program director who can act as a consultant
6. The climate must be better than a Pennsylvania winter.
What do you think? Can we get a ground swell going here?